Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my 2007 r6 back in march out of crate .i've been riding it since and the factory suspension settings just felt too stiff for me so i set both the front and back on the softest settings and now it feels ok .

·
Registered
49 Posts
thats way way way too soft. I agree the stock suspension is a little harsh for easy street riding but all the way soft is just asking for trouble.

·
Focus
728 Posts
I actually just got mine set up by a pro. I weigh 150ish, and he wound up setting the rear and the softest setting and the front at the 2nd or 3rd to the softest. So saying wrong for him is not correct.

·
goofball royale
161 Posts
What parts did you set to the softest settings? Compression? Rebound?

Check around to see if there's a shop that will set your suspension settings for your weight and riding ability. It shouldn't cost more than $40 and is sooooo worth it. They should have you get on and off the bike a couple of times to set the correct sag (basically the distance the bike sinks when you sit on it) and make other adjustments according to how and where you ride. They may also put a zip-tie around your front fork, have you ride, then come back and look how far down the zip-tie went and readjust your settings. In any case it's definitely worth doing.

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
I ended up adding dampning to the front of my bike and it fells a ton better. I hope to have it tunned some day.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Everyone should have their suspensions adjusted for their weight and riding capabilities.
+1000

Everyones suspension is also different and it changes with temperature and riding conditions and how long it has been since a rebuild.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts