Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all my fellow Yam owners... I got my 07 R6 in March with 2K miles. I have not ridden it much due to having to keep it in my landlords garage but that is getting ready to change. It is 100% stock, I plan on doing the following soon.... fender eliminator, flush front signals, Scotts damper, carbon fiber vent covers, carbon fiber middle fairing & have my rims done in gold to match the forks & damper. I also need a tinted windscreen but that is not real high on the list yet.

The ONLY helmet I could find that actually matched the candy red was an Arai Profile Sinister "Red".
It is on it's was for $409 shipped & I felt like that was a great deal. I know it will be worlds above the 07 green flamed Icon Mainframe I bought on eBay for a meir $67 shipped as it was previously owned but unused still in the box. I ended up selling the Icon on Craigslist for $115 so that deal worked out great for me & saved me $45+ on the new Arai.

Anyway it's nice to be here & I hope to learn much from you all. I am located about 7-8 miles from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway & MotoGP is coming up soon:toocool:. I hope to see some of you out there!

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
i love arai helmets...welcome to the site!
i'm Dan

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
nice bike and lid. welcome

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome...nice ride ;)...i have a red scorpion that i think goes perfectly with the bike.
Thanks... What model Scorpion is that??? Indy has little to offer helmet wise or at least helmets in stock to actually see touch & try on unless you want Icon or HJC. The dealers around here say hardly ever does anyone spend over $300 so that is what they keep in stock. I have to go from Indy to Springfield Ohio (almost 2 hours) to get to a dealership that has just about every brand & model in stock. I think the Arai was meant to be because it matches the bike + I have a long oval head so it matches my head too.

i love arai helmets...welcome to the site!
i'm Dan
Thanks Dan my name is Bob... Most of the time I wish I were in Cali except the fall time for football season because I love my Colts!

Very nice bike & color GP1300R & thanks for the welcome 05r6_raven!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks... What model Scorpion is that??? Indy has little to offer helmet wise or at least helmets in stock to actually see touch & try on unless you want Icon or HJC. The dealers around here say hardly ever does anyone spend over $300 so that is what they keep in stock. I have to go from Indy to Springfield Ohio (almost 2 hours) to get to a dealership that has just about every brand & model in stock. I think the Arai was meant to be because it matches the bike + I have a long oval head so it matches my head too.

http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55...elmets&sc_id=910B65F21D2B42AA9552033EB2FF3707

its a Scorpion Rivet in the red color...$219. I like it a lot, but thats me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a Scorpion Rivet in the red color...$219. I like it a lot, but thats me.
Yes I like the looks & yes I agree it is a good color match. Also the yellow one IMO would look great on the 08 yellow bike. I can't believe they don't have those in stock around here???? Maybe I need to look harder??? $219 is deffinately in the price range they carry around here so I wonder waht gives? I would love to have a 2nd reasonably priced helmet for double duty as a passenger helmet & backup helmet. Thanks a bunch for sharing that info with me. I am not one that believes you must spend $400 to $600+ to have a helmet that will do it's job but the extra money probably in most cases does buy some extra comfort & finish. I've not used an Arai yet because it wont be here till tomorrow but I felt plenty safe in the less expensive Icon. Thanks again!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
congrats on the bike! nice helmet by the way! the names stevo.

put er here *high fives*
*high fives* back at ya Stevo & thanks for warm welcome! Hope the stormy weather is not hitting ya! Those Texans should not be to bad this year as their headed in the right direction building that D up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah the colors are absolutely perfect. I didn't believe in the $400-600 either so i bought this one. The dealer was trying to sell me some other ones that were around $500 and the colors sucked. Anyway good luck with it. I also have a black visor to go with it, looks awesome since my bike is almost all black and red.

Yes I like the looks & yes I agree it is a good color match. Also the yellow one IMO would look great on the 08 yellow bike. I can't believe they don't have those in stock around here???? Maybe I need to look harder??? $219 is deffinately in the price range they carry around here so I wonder waht gives? I would love to have a 2nd reasonably priced helmet for double duty as a passenger helmet & backup helmet. Thanks a bunch for sharing that info with me. I am not one that believes you must spend $400 to $600+ to have a helmet that will do it's job but the extra money probably in most cases does buy some extra comfort & finish. I've not used an Arai yet because it wont be here till tomorrow but I felt plenty safe in the less expensive Icon. Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts