Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Sam and i am new to this forum. I am however familiar with the whoel forum process do to the fact that i am heavy into VW's and i am on almost every vw forum. Anyway, i just bought a 2008 yamaha r6 in black. I got it for 8500 total, tags, everything. I have not been on a bike in about 2 years. I am just looking to get back into the bike scene and am excited about meeting some new people. I pick the bike up this friday and will post some pics. Anyone know any good aftermarket parts sites i can check out for my new bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Sam. That's a great price on an 08. I like to go to http://www.tobefast.com or http://www.motomummy.com. Great sponsors.
Thanks man. Well, i had the 2006 50th anniversary edition r6, the yellow and black paint scheme. I had a bad wreck with it do to a tractor trailer and it made me very nervous. For the past 2 years i have been saving for another bike just incase i ever wanted to ride again. Well, i went out yesterday just to look at some bikes with no intentions on buying one lol. The same guy that sold me my 50th was still working at the shop and i had told him that i had been saving for the past 2 years and i had like 9 grand. He gave me an excellent deal, (at least i think it was) on the 2008 r6. So i was immediately locked in and told him i would take it.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
wow that's an awesome price for a 2008! what mods are you planning to do to the bike? post some pics of your bike when you get a chance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's a great price. I just paid 9000 for an 08 last sat. I thought I got me a deal. Guess you out done me man. Well come to the forum. By the way I got a black one too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys my comp has been down for about 2 weeks. I am using my friends right now. I have the bike and i love it. I rode 330 miles this past sunday with 2 other friends. It feels great to be back on one finally!!

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
welcome to the forum. competition werkes.mjs performance. ebay.lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, i finally have my computer back after 3 long weeks. I just put my new exhaust on the bike. I went with Two Brothers Racing shorty pipe.

My other toy,

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
nice ones bro....get one of them flush mounts bro...makes your bike even more...whats that word....ohhhlala.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
OK its been awhile since i have been here lol i bought a house a lot of work, working a lot finished the build on the car and getting ready to re-build it again.

I have the two brothers racing exhaust like shown in the pics above i also have the hotbodies tail delet:

I also sprayed my windscreen black:

So, about a week ago i cracked my oil casing on the R6. I took the fearing off and unbolted the casing. My question is will a new casing come with that wire OR do i have to take the wire out of the casing? I already disconnected the wire from the plug. If i use that same wire, do i basically have to just tear the oil casing apart on the inside to get to that wire?

As you can see i already disconnected the plug, but not enough room to pull through......

The wire being the one that is connected to the oil casing....

·
My R6 eats me
329 Posts
ooooh that gti is hoooot. apr tuned. sickk

·
Registered
52 Posts
wow!! did u drop it doing something u shouldn't have? how did that happen?
ive seen the wire dis-connected when a different casing was placed once, to avoid any electric hazard. but not sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AHH got it now, just took the 3 bolts out of the Stater. Took that whole piece out. Ordered a new stater cover and a new clutch lever and front break lever in gold.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts