Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a dirtbike '95 yz125. it is fun as hell. :jump :jump dont worry though i still have the r6. just wanted to see if any of you guys ride dirtbikes too!

·
Registered
953 Posts
i ride my girlfriends bro's dirtbike. it's okay... but dirt bike sound too high pitch and 55 miles per hour is not as fun as 175. :burnout

but congrats on the bike!

·
Registered
504 Posts
riding dirt is awesome. love my R6 but dirt will always be my first love.

God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt.

·
Registered
504 Posts
riding dirt is awesome. love my R6 but dirt will always be my first love.

God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Had MX bikes as a kid & they where great fun back then.

Never thought about getting one now though. Having too much fun with the R6 at the moment, also to much hassle for me to take it somewhere to ride it. Not many places to ride around here. Good roads for the R6 though.

·
My 6 makes me super horny
140 Posts
Dirt is and has been my favorite... Yeah you can't go 175. But when I'm on my R6 I'm not thinking about taking a 145ft triple either. And I love airtime on my '01 CR250.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i used to ride dirt bikes. i enjoyed the seconds of air time. speeding in the triple digits is a rush on my R6, but i get almost the same sensation in the air over a set of triples.

·
Registered
327 Posts
We have two 2003 XR50's, a 2002 CR80R (mine) and a 2002 YZ426F (his). People make fun of us, and say that we have a miniature dealership in our garage.
We just got back from riding them today at Gorman. We go to Jawbone a lot, too.
There is a lot from dirtbikes that you can learn, and apply to the raod. Like when the back tire starts to slide in a tight turn, if you are used to it in the dirt, it doesn't scare you as much on the street, and you are less likely to freeze up and crash. It's good wheelie practice, and doesn't cost as much if you loop it either! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dirt bike have allways been my fisrt love,been riding since I was 11, 33 now. Both kids and my wife ride also. We have about 7 local tracks to ride around here, Riverside is the MX capital of California. But steet bikes have been in my blood since I was 18 and can't seen to get away from them. Not that I would want to but my wife doesn't like them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
miraclegrau said:
People make fun of us, and say that we have a miniature dealership in our garage.
There is a lot from dirtbikes that you can learn, and apply to the raod. Like when the back tire starts to slide in a tight turn, if you are used to it in the dirt, it doesn't scare you as much on the street, and you are less likely to freeze up and crash. It's good wheelie practice, and doesn't cost as much if you loop it either! :mrgreen:
yea i totally agree. funny you should say that about your garage because we have 5 bikes jammed in our 1 car garage between my 2 roommates and i. you can hardly move around. lol there is nothing wrong with that though.
also i got to get out and ride the dirtbike the other day in about 5 inches of snow which i cant do on the 6. helps keep me from those nasty withdrawals from not being on two wheels!

·
Registered
504 Posts
miraclegrau said:
We have two 2003 XR50's, a 2002 CR80R (mine) and a 2002 YZ426F (his). People make fun of us, and say that we have a miniature dealership in our garage.
We just got back from riding them today at Gorman. We go to Jawbone a lot, too.
50's are the most fun per dollar i have ever spent. even though i have almost spent as much on aftermarket as the bike cost me so i can jump it as well as stunt it next summer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts