Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 yamaha r6s that i just bought this pipe for, pipe looks great but i wanted the full system. Is there anyway i could hook this slip on to a some headers???? Thing is i know the growler doesn't have a full system version. So what could i do??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it at this motorcycle shop by my house. In california, it's called com.motorsports. it's in bell gardens, really great bunch of people there. He hooked me up with the growler for $720, and he is going to install it for free. When i checked online it's a $800+ shipping and install.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any one know if ill get any performance out of this slip on??? am hoping that at least i can get some more top end??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ive already bought the growler, just wondering if would help out on the top end? still awaiting it to be shipped.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So are you having to have it shipped straight from the UK? There is a guy here that has one on his 07 that he got it direct, and he quoted me @ 900 just to get it. I'm in Idaho. This guy was very straight up that the big expense was because of the exchange rate.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no it's just 720 with install of the pipe. Don't know about from the UK, might be coming from out here in california. But theres no way am paying that much for just a slip on...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh ive already bought the growler, just wondering if would help out on the top end? still awaiting it to be shipped.
Any time you open up your exhaust it will increase horsepower, but decrease torque. So likely, your top speed will get a bump up, but you'll lose low end power, especially when starting from a stop in 1st gear. I'm THIS close to buying a growler supersport for my 08. Post a pic when you get it installed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh cool, thanks much. Ive been wondering what kinda performance id get out of this thing. Now one more question, do u know of some race headers i could fit on this? i kinda want to make my own Full system. I don't care if the headers are going to cost 700 either. Let me know, and yea ill post pics for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts