Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought that having a hystory on Kawisaki and Suzuki that it would be hard to move to a yamaha. I must say although there are some distinct differences from the GSXR and the ZX9 that I had in the past I am really pleased with the R6. I purchased my R6 last wednesday night and rode it a 45 minute highway run home. I really enjoyed winding that baby up to 14,000 and it has a considerable amount of power for a 600. I was very impressed. The front whell practically begs to come up in first and second and she is so light that I was almost uncomfortable at first. My only dislikes so far are that there is no fuel gauge, it only lets you know when you are getting low, and also that I would not mind if the gauges were a little brighter at night. If there are any sollutions to these dislikes I would love to hear them. Good to be a full on member now...

·
Registered
118 Posts
welcome. The light brightness is adj. read the manual. It is a fun bike. Wait till you get used to her and tuck all those liters in the cornors. My buddies get me in the straights but not by much but I always tuck them. You will have fun. The fuel light comes on at just under a gallon.You will get used to it. I have never run out of gas. I have gone 30 miles since the light came on. But im sure that was cutting it close.

IMO Get some v-stacks ( i prefer all 4 not just 2), race filter (not k&n), full exauxt system ( look at all their dyno sheets get the one with the peak in the highest rpm) ,and a power comander and a good tuning sension.

these motors love to be wrapped out. yea you will give up a few foot pounds down low for some hp up top but i am always wrapping the piss out of it and keep up with the liters very well. They couldnt belive it is a 600. I walk my friends stock 02 R1 on the highway up to 180mph. ( I went down 2 on the rear sprocket)

have fun be safe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on your new bike! I to considered the other major brands, but i just love the look of the r6. Plus every other bike in town is a gsxr. Another cool thing is that my parents both ride yamaha V Stars so i wanted to keep the yamaha in the family. Im still waitng for my bike it should be some time this month. HOPEFULLY!

·
Banned
786 Posts
Excelent choice man, Yammies are in my blood too. Started with a '76 XS360, then '85 FJ600, '92 FZR600, now '04 YZF R6. Kinda wish I'd waited for '05, I'm so jealous of the new inverted forks. Welcome aboard.... :jump YEA!

·
Registered
304 Posts
congrats on the new purchase.....im sure you will continue to be pleased. i wish i lived in florida where i could ride all year long.....well when there is not rain or huricanes but you know what i mean. i too have run about 30 miles on the light. i own a 00 and it looks like you own a newer version. do what bassntruck says and you'll be hauling some ass. altho i have a k&n in my 00 (carbed not FI) and it works great.....maybe FI is different.........to each his own.....take care and look out for all the old white head fossil drivers out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts