Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took a while but it is all worth it.

I'm thinking of doing it for around $40 for people.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wanted to do the same exact thing! I just dont know where to start lol...but $40 ehhh thats a lil steep....

Looks GREAT though

·
My R6 ate my homework
550 Posts
:party Welcome to the club mate :party

Looks good...

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Serioulsy, how? I have looked at it but it seems the only way to do it is to CUT the back off, then glue it together again, but if you do that, you will lose all the materail you cut making it smaller when you glue it together again, so I'm afraid it will not sit flush anymore, but look like its set into the fairing. DId you cut the back off?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Serioulsy, how? I have looked at it but it seems the only way to do it is to CUT the back off, then glue it together again, but if you do that, you will lose all the materail you cut making it smaller when you glue it together again, so I'm afraid it will not sit flush anymore, but look like its set into the fairing. DId you cut the back off?
It is VERY easy to get the plastic piece off...but i dont know how they smoked it...all you have to do is remove the windshield then remove one screw on top and that whole piece comes out thats how i put in my Red light but i want to smoke everything but the yamaha logo like these guys did

·
My R6 ate my homework
550 Posts
it is easy to get the light out...but you have to cut it open with a dremel and paint the inside. It takes a really steady hand, some patience, and some confidence. My light still sits just like it did before it was cut open.

·
Registered
89 Posts
it is easy to get the light out...but you have to cut it open with a dremel and paint the inside. It takes a really steady hand, some patience, and some confidence. My light still sits just like it did before it was cut open.
how much will you charge???:YEA

·
My R6 ate my homework
550 Posts
I hated doing mine mate....talk to cheapmods. He does them also.

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheapmods does it for around $50. I do it differently, I pry it apart at the back very carefully and paint and glue and then seal the edges so water don't get in there.

·
Registered
379 Posts

That is what I meant...So you do cut it open. But then it will lose teh material that is equivelent to the thickness of your cutting wheel, and you cannot get that back, so i was afraid it would sink in when you install it again after you glut it back together. It looks ok?

·
My R6 costs me money lots
182 Posts
it was done by cheapmod a year or so a go. the selling of him doing it too. but wants you glue it back use a silicone sealant. it will keep out the water. I had my done about the and it has not leaked yet.

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is what I meant...So you do cut it open. But then it will lose teh material that is equivelent to the thickness of your cutting wheel, and you cannot get that back, so i was afraid it would sink in when you install it again after you glut it back together. It looks ok?
You don't have to cut anything to get it open.

·
Registered
322 Posts
hey what kinda paint did you use. Model paint, R/C car paint? im just curious i dont want it to fade or crack.

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey what kinda paint did you use. Model paint, R/C car paint? im just curious i dont want it to fade or crack.
I just used model paint for plastic models. It took about 4 coats to cover to where there are no pin holes to let light through. I'm thinking it will hold up pretty well. Time will tell. I will get a better pic this week when I get the rear sets.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just used model paint for plastic models. It took about 4 coats to cover to where there are no pin holes to let light through. I'm thinking it will hold up pretty well. Time will tell. I will get a better pic this week when I get the rear sets.

Cool this is def going to be my next project.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts