Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally called my insurance about getting an '04 R6 and was suprised on how low it was. $504 a year!!! I pretty excited concidering some people pay way more and im only 18 and will be buying a new bike. This is through State Farm.

How much do you guys pay? Im sure there is a thread on here but my computer is being retarded and slow and i dont have time to search. Just thought i would share the news! Hopefully ill have the 6 in July! :jump

R6Speedfreak

·
Registered
318 Posts
yo man i pay like 600 a year through state farm. good place and cheap rates..

·
Registered
318 Posts
heck no, mine is full coverage... 500 deduct and what not...

You need to switch your insurance company

·
Registered
419 Posts
State Farm is the best way to go if you have a good driving record. They wont insure ya if you have tickets. I pay round 600 a year for the R6! smartest buy I ever made!

·
My 6 makes me super horny
140 Posts
I'm also with State Farm, full coverage and all... $520 /yr And I'm 22, divorced, and only recently is my record ticket free!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Progressive charges me $330 a year for comprehensive (liability + theft/fire) on my 1997 GS500 and my 2001 R6. 28, single (again), clean driving record. Collision on the R6 was over a grand per year.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, mine is full coverage and I also failed to mention the MSF class i have to take wich lowers it like 10% i think.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I hate you all....j/k. Thanks for the heads up though. I'm going to call and get a quote from them and possibly switch companies.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I pay 167 per year for liab only

·
Registered
32 Posts
I pay $1120 a year on my 02 :cuss , full coverage through State Farm. That is actually a low rate for where I live! Apparantly rates will vary from state to state, city to city...

·
Registered
113 Posts
It must be a where you live deal with State Farm. I just got a quato for here in the DFW Texas area.

Grand Total $545 for 6months for full coverage from State Farm. I pay $470 for 12 months from Progressive. However that is not full coverage, liability and theft only so I will try and do a compare.

Progressive 12 months
Bodily Injury/Property Damage 20/40/15 $79
Comp $390
Total $469
Anti Theft Fee "What the F this is who knows" 1
Grand Total $470

State Farm 6 months
Bodily Injury 20/40 $49
Property Damage 15 $114
I believe these first two equal Progressives BIPD 20/40/15, but seem high
Specifed Causes of Loss "Comp" $114
Total 277
Multiply by 2 for 12 x2
Grand Total $554

With in $100. State Fram was just a quato and I do not think it included the safty course discount. I think with insurance it will depend on Multi car discounts, where you live and how often you get caught (hey we all speed, just some get caught more often.)

Just look out for small company's with good rates. They tend to be unresponsive when you make a claim. State Farm and Progressive offer 24 hour service and I have hear good things about both when it comes time to get paid.

As far as full coverage. This is my theory. Put 500 dollars for the deductable in a money market account. Add 150 to 200 every six months like you would spend for the insurance that is almost 1K you added the first year 400 every year after that not including interest. If you are not trying to kill your self the chances of you dumping your bike are slim (and being at fault). If you do you should have 1k or more to get the bike back into shape. Even without that you could put the repairs on a credit card with zero to low interest and pay off the repairs over time for less then the amount you will spend on insurance and possible not use.

My two cents.

·
My 6 makes me super horny
140 Posts
That's a great idea DMAN. However, I'll have to wait until my bike isn't financed anymore.

·
Registered
886 Posts
k guys let me knwo what you think of this deal 500 deductible on both vechicles bike and truck i get full coverage on bike and liablity on truck and they give me life insurance 150,00 if i die -for 209 a month no down payment just pay the monthly bill. Let me know if you guys think this is a good deal i tried AAA but they gave me 1296 for a year on both vechicles ..i save 1212 by using AAA but still waiting on alstate to see what price they give me ..

·
Ride or Die
174 Posts
I jst checked state farm today and they quoted me full coverage on both with 500 deduct and 25000 med, fer 126 a mo and Im 22 with no points

·
Registered
91 Posts
man am i getting screwed. i pay 1654 a year through bike-line.com bust price i could find.

·
Registered
886 Posts
yeah dont feel bad i was paying around that much too and iva had my motorycle lincense for over 2 years with 1 point on my record. Just now aftyer getting quotes i got my bike full coverage for 800 a year for my bike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts