Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I purchased a 2012 Yamaha R6. The bike was slightly used but has low miles and the previous owner had not done anything to it. I am looking to change it. First off, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the color. I've attached a few pictures from the internet and dealership I purchased the bike from. I'll add pictures I've taken myself shortly... I like the black/ white base colors and hints of red accent. However, some of the decals I'm not exactly sure about.. I was wondering how it would look if I were to remove these decals (look like stickers) and if anyone has ever done it? Perhaps there are other decals you can add in place of the stock ones? Additionally, I am looking to do a number of different things to the bike in the future. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do first, but I definitely want to get a full exhaust system, fender eliminator kit, a power commander, flush mounts, new wind- screen, possibly a new seat, new levers, and probably even more in the future. I'm brand new to this and don't really know what I am doing. I'm looking for any advice or recommendation I can get on anything about the R6! I'd love to hear what you'd do if you had this exact bike and what brand/ model of the different parts you'd go with and why? Again, I'll certainly add more pictures! I'm hoping I can really use this forum for advisement towards my bike. If so, as I add something to the bike as a result of this forum's recommendation, I'll add a picture of the update as it happens. Thank you so much!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Hello and welcome! I'm pretty sure you can remove those decals on the upper fairings! On parts, I always recommend, Graves! Why Graves? Graves is there aftermarket company! What they make, they race on their R6/R1!

Don't forget my boy, Ant at bauce-racing.com for your bike fluids!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Here is a pic of my 12 with the crappy Ed Hardy looking decals removed on the mid fairings. I like it so much better this way. I really don't think you should ask what other people would do if they had the exact same bike. You should look through the photos section and look and see what looks best to you. Everyone is going to have their own opinion but its your money and you should pick out what you like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts