Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I <3 my R6
170 Posts
I usually just us the suction cup and stick it on the front nose fairing. I also have a sticky mount on top of my helmet.

·
I <3 my R6
170 Posts
Yep. I've had my gopro for a little over a year nowand it hasn't failed me yet. Just make sure the surface is clean before you put the suction cup on there.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
check out the off topic section about "GoPro photos,vidoes"..there's a thread i started all about GoPro's. I figured a lot of people would be getting them this christmas and its the best thread to consolidate all the tips and questions.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Just got one. Any hints or tips for using it? What about good mounting spots?
we've always used them for track days. gives others a taste of what they're missing.

on my old bike, there was room for the suction cup on the front fairing over the headlight. clean it well before you do anything high-speed, tho.

i am very interested in somehow mounting a gopro to the fairing under the tail section, either pointed backwards, forwards or just looking at the action of the rear suspension while riding. with a little crafty positioning, i think it can be made to look almost straight forward with a decent view of the road and the rider's body position...

s3aturnr

·
Avid Enthusiast
7,408 Posts
i am very interested in somehow mounting a gopro to the fairing under the tail section, either pointed backwards, forwards or just looking at the action of the rear suspension while riding. with a little crafty positioning, i think it can be made to look almost straight forward with a decent view of the road and the rider's body position...

s3aturnr
Done it looking backwards. Definitely a cool shot. Used the suction cup but got a little too much vibration. I think a sticky mount would be better.

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
Done it looking backwards. Definitely a cool shot. Used the suction cup but got a little too much vibration. I think a sticky mount would be better.
do you have any pics of when you had it mounted like this? would like to see it done so I would know the right place for good video of me and the road both while riding..:toocool:

·
RIDE HARD!!
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need help! I have a message on the screen it says ... tel... I think. And it won't go off I can't turn it off. Even when I take the battery out it comes back on.

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
I need help! I have a message on the screen it says ... tel... I think. And it won't go off I can't turn it off. Even when I take the battery out it comes back on.
shot in the dark, but if you have a memory card in it, take it out, remove the battery then try it and see if that helps? just a random idea I thought might work:flex:

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
I either suction cup it above a headlight or have a sticky mount on the tip of the tail for when I wanna see what I'm doing wrong body-positioning-wise.

+1 on making sure the surface is clean before you use the suction cup. I've never had it fail, but if you're feeling less confident on the mount, you can always tether it with string or safety wire. I still safety wire the camera when it's on the tail cause track orgs here prefer it.

Lets see some pics and vids!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts