Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn :fruit

got a ticket for 50 in a 25. i'm pissed, but just at myself. the one night i go riding with locals, and i don't even like them, i pull this dumbass move. i let my guard down and didn't listen to that little voice that said, "see those lights around the bend? you prolly should slow down this time." i didn't even realize it was a cop till he pulled me over, otherwise i had a big enough lead i could have ditched him quick where i was. i was an ass though when he approached so i deserved the whole 25 over he wrote me up. what can you do.

so in recap:
1. don't ride with people you don't like
2. don't let your guard down
3. prolly shouldn't entertain the idea of running(though most of us have done it at least a couple times and maybe been successful :mrgreen: )
4. don't be an ass to the cock-i mean cop

whatev, i'll take the damn traffic school its my fault i was an ass :moon

·
Registered
886 Posts
yeah sucks to here that man .. same thing happen to me once with a cop too and he wasn't going to give me a ticket but then smart ass me :cuss opened my mouth and got a ticket lol

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sorry to hear that yeti. Next time listen to your spidey sense!

I got caught with my pants down on Monday. Riding up my a local lake with the wife on the back. I had been going through some twisties, taking it pretty slow, but then making some time on the straights. Well, we got close to the marina and therefore more people, so I slowed it down. Came upon a nice straight with no side roads and a clear view. No sooner had I opened up the throttle I noticed that the two guys on the side of the road with the SUV and boat were Sherrif's deputies. They both stopped what they were doing to turn and look at me. I musta looked pretty dumb opening up the throttle and then grabbing brakes to slow down. Nothing came of it. I guess they didn't want to chase me towing a boat. :tongue

·
Registered
261 Posts
werent you glad they were eating donuts on the side of the road. Not to mention they had a boat to carry. Acouple of weeks ago i got a ticket, The main road in my town was clear from light to lightso i just hit the throttle, when i get to the light i see a cop from the distance coming and i knew it was for me. He pulls me over and asks why was i going to fast and i told him that my glove got stock to the throttle and thats what made me speed up. LOL I tried but he was kool and only gave me a no registration sticker.

·
Registered
524 Posts
DreR6 said:
He pulls me over and asks why was i going to fast and i told him that my glove got stock to the throttle and thats what made me speed up.
Ha ha!

Good thing I'm not a cop because I think I would have had some colorful things to say about that excuse. :mrgreen: :hammer

·
Registered
963 Posts
If you never took off your helmet when you got the ticket, you can probably get away with the ticket in court because the cop couldn't positively identify you with your helmet on. Works in california like that. That's why when we see a guy with his helmet off, he's screwed.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ed
If you never took off your helmet when you got the ticket, you can probably get away with the ticket in court because the cop couldn't positively identify you with your helmet on
wait...I don't understand, how could not taking your helmet off get you out of a ticket? I guess i just dont get it, explain if you could

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'll just bring up the example of somebody at work. Let's call him Tom.

Tom was riding around in the Newport Beach area when he passed an unmarked car. Turns out the unmarked car was some high ranking cop from the local PD there. We'll call him the LT. The LT called over to a uniformed cop to pull Tom over. The uniform cop pulled Tom over, and they both waited until the LT showed up. That LT told the uniformed cop to write Tom up for a speeding ticket, but the LT filled out the portion on the ticket that indicated who was giving the ticket.

During this whole time Tom stayed to the side of his bike, but didn't take any of his gear off. He was just pissed off because he said he wasn't speeding. So Tom gets the ticket and rides off.

Before his court date, Tom spoke with one of the local motorcycle mechanics about the ticket, and the mechanic asked Tom if he took off his helmet. Tom said no, and the mechanic said that he could get out of the ticket.

Tom showed up at court and so did the LT. The first thing the Judge asked was did Tom remove his helmet. The LT replied "no." The Judge then asked Tom to show his driver's license to the LT. The Judge then asked, "is the man in the driver's license and the man standing here the same person?" The LT said "yes." The Judge then asked, "is the man in the license, the man you pulled over and wrote the ticket for." The LT said "yes." The Judge then said, "how do you know that the man you pulled over was the same man in the license if he never took of his helmet? By not having the man take of his helmet, you couldn't positively identify the man in the license and the man you pulled over as being one and the same. The man you pulled over could have been anybody."

Tom got off.

·
Registered
487 Posts
damn it!! maybe i could have pulled that off in court two days ago!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damn, too bad i took off my helmet, i could have tried that.

anybody heard that if you ask to see the radar they took and they won't show it cause they didn't lock it in they can't give a ticket? i asked this asshat to see the radar and he said he didn't lock it in but that he also "judged" my speed to be 50 mph so he could still give the ticket. i think he was full of shit and didn't ever radar me, but just saw that i was going fast. i told him i prolly had a better idea of how fast my bike was going without seeing the speed since its MY F**KING BIKE!! what an assclown :gay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts