Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing is ridiculous, despite the fact that it is my first bike and I have nothing to base my comparison on. Only problem is I still have my permit and I don't really have anyone to ride with-which my girlfriend continually makes fun of me for.

Kick A$$ website by the way! I've been hanging around here for some time and everyone seems very cool.

Anyone around the West Chicago Area lookin for someone to ride w/. The weather is going to be perfect this whole week!

·
Registered
261 Posts
welcome to the site, This website has tons of info so just soak up everything. Im still learning, I never had any type of motorcycle experience and jumped on a 600 but this site helped me out alot. have fun riding and be safe

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,812 Posts
congrats on your purchase. i wouldnt worry about riding with others yet. too many beginers get a dose of adrenaline and testerone and going above there limits. first off get to know how the bike acts and reacts to you. get a feel of the bike. get your license is another thing. in time you will get better and find others to ride with. and dont forget to know your limits. test it slowly.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Welcome, and nice choice on the bike. I have one also.
All good advice. Don't cave in to peer pressure. Ride your own way and if other people take off and leave you in traffic, let them go.

My buddies and I have spent a lot of time at the hospital with our friend's family the last 4 days. I can't stress it enough.

Ride safe and welcome again!

·
Registered
148 Posts
welcome to the family, i'm with mr texasR6 be VERY CAREFULY!!! i mean you're gonna go down when you're on a bike, it's just a matter of your surviving the fall. i didn't go down for 3 years, and i went down a weekend ago at 120. so be careful, like stone said know your limits

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.