Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
hehe...thats some serious balls there mang...:cheers

so when the boost hits at 120mph, do you spin the rear tire or does the front end want to come up...

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
That's some nasty f'n power.

·
I have a dig bick...
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you lads...:)

hehe...thats some serious balls there mang...:cheers

so when the boost hits at 120mph, do you spin the rear tire or does the front end want to come up...
When the boost hits...It feels like a hand of God hustles you along...Pilots pures stick like glue and it doesn't really have a tendency to wheelie...My front end is lowered a little :)...hoot to ride, corners well ( its no R6 but the Pures make it handle well ) and cooooommmmmffffyyyyyyyy:)

·
10,295 Posts
Thank you lads...:)

When the boost hits...It feels like a hand of God hustles you along...Pilots pures stick like glue and it doesn't really have a tendency to wheelie...My front end is lowered a little :)...hoot to ride, corners well ( its no R6 but the Pures make it handle well ) and cooooommmmmffffyyyyyyyy:)
Nice...the only thing that I can visualize (or imagine) that I could compare that to is when I got catapulted off an air craft carrier in an S3 years ago....that was some serious acceleration:fact

Maybe its a close comparison...maybe not....but Id sure as hell would like to try it out for myself :nocontrol

·
I have a dig bick...
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice...the only thing that I can visualize (or imagine) that I could compare that to is when I got catapulted off an air craft carrier in an S3 years ago....that was some serious acceleration:fact

Maybe its a close comparison...maybe not....but Id sure as hell would like to try it out for myself :nocontrol
You know its not about the HP for me nowdays...Its about a quality tune and decent torque...HP numbers are cool to look at, but its rare that i find usefulness to them on a street...Now juicy torque is always welcome in my book...I am running 38 tooth rear sprocket ( stock is 40 ) and 6th gear lane changes are still effortless...I think i might have found my sweet spot

·
10,295 Posts
Yeah, its all about usable power...especially on the streets. And when were talking about 200+ HP on a bike, it comes to a point where its not about the poinies, its how the power is delivered :fact

I noticed a HUGE difference on how power is delivered on my 6 when I rode it for the first time after getting the head ported (amongst other go fast goodies installed at the same time). In your case, since you have gobs of HP, I can definitely see where torque delivery would be something sought after more so than the output of the turbo spooling up...

Whats the curb weight of that thing wet?

·
I have a dig bick...
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, its all about usable power...especially on the streets. And when were talking about 200+ HP on a bike, it comes to a point where its not about the poinies, its how the power is delivered :fact

I noticed a HUGE difference on how power is delivered on my 6 when I rode it for the first time after getting the head ported (amongst other go fast goodies installed at the same time). In your case, since you have gobs of HP, I can definitely see where torque delivery would be something sought after more so than the output of the turbo spooling up...

Whats the curb weight of that thing wet?
Yeah power delivery was my #1 concern and i expressed it to my mechanic 123872982731 of times...He tuned it to the T...Boost comes on gradually till 5,5k then shit gets frantic
Dude you need to make some videos of this beast!
GOPRO is on my to do list brosif...My daughter needed winter clothes so i had to postpone the cam purchase...no worries, video is under way

·
I have a dig bick...
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
damn nice numbers. Had it out for a top speed run at the texas mile or anything? Or any drag times? Thing is a beast for sure :)
No not yet broski...My mechanic threatened me with blown piston rings if i run a Miami mile in January...He is a party pooper...Last time it was at the drag strip it trapped 155mphs with a shitty rider :D...Oh and thanks for sending me my Pilot Pures so fast :)...It makes the busa handle like it has a stock wheelbase

1 - 15 of 15 Posts