Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got her home and unloaded, I had to go to San Antonio to get it because they don't have any at the dealership here in Corpus Christi, TX. Yeah, it is the blue/white one. It is awesome!! I am about half way through my msf course and can't wait to start really riding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sweet!!! Yamaha's rule!!! Keep it on the ground and ya won't have any problems. :hump Or just say **** it and do what you wanna do. :cheers Congrats.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, I'll try to post up a pic or two, especially when i start makin some mods. I definately want get rid of the rear plate holder and get an integrator kit. Also flush mount signals and possibly mirror delete. Man R6's are bad azz

·
Registered
524 Posts
Some tips for a new rider:

Cager = Someone driving a car.

Ride like every cager is trying to kill you. Assume that every one of them, if given the opportunity, will:

* Pull out in front of you.
* Push you out of your lane.
* Rearend you.
* Back over you.

When you're riding, imagine that every cager will do one of the above in an attempt to end your life, and do your best not to give them the opportunity. This means when you see someone ready to pull out of a driveway, assume they do not see you and act accordingly. Slow down. Watch where they are looking. Prepare to take evasive actions. Do not ride in a cager's blind spot. Use other cagers when riding. When that guy I mentioned above is waiting to pull out into traffic, slow down or speed up so that you pass him with a cager beside you. If they don't see you they will probably see another car and wait for it to pass before pulling out.

Watch out for cagers turning left in intersections where they must yield on a left turn. Like I said before, assume they do not see you and slow down and prepare for them to pull in front of you.

Remember that you're small. This makes it harder to see you so it's a good idea to do things that increase your visibility. Ride with your brights on during the day. Wear bright clothing. Also, because of your small size, it makes it more difficult to guess your speed. Someone in a car may think you're travelling at a much lower speed and therefore believe they have time to pull out before you get there. That's why slowing down helps.

Congrats on the new bike. I hope you enjoy it. :cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have to agree with code 110%. be very careful of cagers when it comes to weight ratios we have a huge disadvantage. remember it you get in a wreckwith a cager b/c it has their falt and you win a million dollar lawsuit over it but you broke you back you are still screwed so watch for them. also watch for debris on the road especially in corners, also watch for dogs if you hit one you can go down real easy, and the biggest favor you can do for yourself is wear a helmet EVERY TIME YOU RIDE!!!!!!!, gloves are a great idea also, i have scars on my hand that are 4+ yrs old from not wearing gloves. the best favor you can do your bike is to get frame sliders, WORTH EVERY PENNY. have fun and be safe you have a great bike.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! I am picking up mine next Wednesday. I, too, have to go out of state to get a blue one. Plus I got mine for a REALLY good deal :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts