Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
:toocool
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a liquid silver R6, any suggestions on a slip-on? I was thinking of going with the GYTR CF one, seems like a good pipe and the price is very reasonable. I was also looking to get an eliminator for the rear plate bracket, any ideas? also does anyone know the true hp on the bike? my title states 124hp. thanks in advance

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Congrats on the bike!! Great choice!!

I would say save up for a full system, that's the only way you will be totally satisfied. You are probably pushing about 98hp to the rear wheel out of the box.

Enjoi!!

·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the bike!! Great choice!!

I would say save up for a full system, that's the only way you will be totally satisfied. You are probably pushing about 98hp to the rear wheel out of the box.

Enjoi!!
Thanks,
you think 98 hp is all? My 05 put down 104.99 hp with a slip on

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
from most of the dyno sheets I've seen, I would guess around the 105 area, but not sure...... but does it even matter?

And +1 on saving up for a full system + Power Commander + tune

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
sick man, don't see many silver r6's. Again i would save up for a full exhaust if you have the means, so worth it.

·
one goal.one vision
311 Posts
just skip the exhaust..the one on it works perfectly fine and sounds good when ur in the high rpms..spend 300 bucks on a 520 sprocket conversion (-1,+2) and a speedohealer..will be the best mod put on ur bike no doubt...and gytr's look good but wont make much of a difference in sound like a slip on did for your 05

·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from most of the dyno sheets I've seen, I would guess around the 105 area, but not sure...... but does it even matter?

And +1 on saving up for a full system + Power Commander + tune
yea i want to save up but i just spent 11gs on a bike, $225 GYTR slip on isnt worth it for the time being? No the hp doesnt really matter but I was trying to compare it to my 05. The 08 feels like it has a wider powerband but its hard to tell, I havent riden my 05 in a long time.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
just a GYTR slip-on won't change sound very much, if at all. You'll still have the cat, and the pre-cat (in the header) You could get a midpipe along with the slip-on and gut the pre-cat, but then you're needing the PC and dyno tune, which is more money. See what I'm saying? But if you want to get the GYTR slip-on just for visual purposes, then I guess it's your call if it's worth it

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Nice ride bro! Congrats! The full system would be nice if you can pony up the cash. Ask NVKrawler to show you how he has his plate mounted it looks sweet!

·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
just a GYTR slip-on won't change sound very much, if at all. You'll still have the cat, and the pre-cat (in the header) You could get a midpipe along with the slip-on and gut the pre-cat, but then you're needing the PC and dyno tune, which is more money. See what I'm saying? But if you want to get the GYTR slip-on just for visual purposes, then I guess it's your call if it's worth it
yeah i got what your saying but the stock one is this big ( ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
I was just looking at Akropovic's exhaust system and they claim 117.5 hp stock and 121.1 hp with the system.. http://www.akrapovic.com/product-catalog/motor-exhaust/?puid=404

1 - 10 of 10 Posts