Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought myself a 2009 r6 raven anniversary edition black and gold and love it. It gets delivered Tuesday. It's got 5,000 miles. It has a few mods already, gold shorty levers, two brothers slip on, HIDs, windscreen. is there any stickies someone could refer to me that helps with beginners info for an r6 please

Attachments

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:wave

·
Registered
151 Posts
beautiful bike and welcome! be careful on that girl!

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
:wave

is there any stickies someone could refer to me that helps with beginners info for an r6 please
Anything in particular you're interested in? There really aren't any unique service issues to look out for on these bikes. If you're mechanically inclined and familiar with bikes then you'll have no problem working on it. The service manual is available to download for free if you just search for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wondering some basic things I can do maybe on a monthly basis to keep things in check. Things that need tightening? Idk I had an 04 katana before so this bike is a big difference for me. Should I lube the chain more? Do things need tightening more often ect?

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
Nope. All those routine things are the same. Maybe a slightly shorter valve lash inspection interval, but that's it, and you're not near it anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts