Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
'04 R6...Come get Some!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a new exhaust because the guy I bought it from put a loud mutha on it. I need something quiet. Help me out...what do you'll suggest. Oh yeah, HID...need some suggestions there too.

Anyway, welcome all you R6'ers and if any of you are in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area..get at me and let's ride it out some time.:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your best bet to get a quiet exhaust is to just put a stock one back on.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
You could get something like a yoshi slip and put a baffle in it. It would look good, and offer the quiet db levels you're looking for.

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
are u wanting stock quiet or just not as loud as the D&D, your best bet is to get on ebay and find a slip on or find someone on here wanna trade or selling one

·
'04 R6...Come get Some!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I want the stock quiet. Not too much a fan of the noise. I like that mono tone hum from the exhaust. That's just me though

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
'04 R6...Come get Some!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does slip-on mean all i have to do is unbolt the can and put the other one on or do I have to do something special and the mechanics? I want to buy one off ebay but only have the basic tool. What do I need as far as "slip-on" is concerned?

·
'04 R6...Come get Some!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i see. Thanks for the help but I think im going to go with a carbon M4 exhaust. What yall think?

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
I had an 04 and had a micron slip-on, some what quiet in town, a little load on the freeway. But a stock pipe is your best bet, I have the stock pipe from my 04 R6 if you want it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What kind of exhaust is yours? I have a Jardine aftermarket and its pretty quiet all the time
and i am looking for a louder slipon. My is an 05 but i think they fit, ill have to check and i do live in the DFW area if your intrested in a trade or i might buy yours. PM me if your intrested.

·
'04 R6...Come get Some!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good advise people. Last night, broke down and bought me and a Micron. we'll see how it does.

·
'04 R6...Come get Some!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good advise people. Last night, broke down and bought me a Micron. we'll see how it does.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts