Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Devil SB2 high mount from Hammy (great guy and terrific service) I just have one question. The mid pipe I recieved has scratches and pits in it (pics coming), and its not very shinny. Is that normal? Does anyone have pics of their mid pipes for me to compare to? Thanks (sorry 2 questions) :mrgreen:

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
the scratches are most likely from the mandrel bender devil used. my midpipe is not so shiny either. i got the polished sb2 highmount. the midpipe wasnt as shiny as the can itself. for me the scratches on stuff doesnt bother me. i would post pics but for one im at work until monday and i took off my devil and put on my full hindle system for now.

i hope you plan on getting the heel gaurd for your midpipe.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your probably right, the scratches are from the bender (never even thought of that). Heel Guard? Ya think I really need it, and where do you get one from. Thanks :cheers

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i got it from devilbikes.com. here is the phone number, (732) 254-3008, ask for pete. i couldnt find it on the there website. you have a choice of carbon fiber or polished stainless steel. its just almost a diamond shaped piece curved to the same radius of the midpipe and a hose clamp. i didnt install mine yet.

you dont need the heel gaurd. but i noticed a few marks from my boots on the midpipe. most likely it got hot enough to sort of melt the heel of my boot. its just a small piece, smaller than the head of an eraser from a pencil. nothing a razor blade couldnt scrape off. the only reason why i got it was because i wanted to order another passenger peg relocation bracket to modify. i didnt want to just order my $20 bracket and pay for shipping. i needed to get something else to justify paying $10 for shipping. so i got the heel gaurd also.

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
I'm still debating on the shotgun or the SB2, I'm gonna order one of them on Monday. Have you installed your SB2? How'd it go?

stoneloco, good idea on the heel guard, guess ill be getting that too.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
danrivito said:
I'm still debating on the shotgun or the SB2, I'm gonna order one of them on Monday. Have you installed your SB2? How'd it go?

stoneloco, good idea on the heel guard, guess ill be getting that too.
in my opinion go with the sb2. i was in the same situation over a year ago. i considered the shotgun as well. but i opted for the sb2.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok here are a few pics, definately looks like the scratches are from the bender.

After sitting on the bike after the install i can see where the heel guard will be needed. Thanks for the info stoneloco808. Hey danrivito, the install was pretty simple. Trying to get it fitted without scratching the carbon fiber got a little tricky. After starting the bike I noticed a small leak from the mid pipe and header so I had to reposition and refasten, but all is good now :cheers

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
After looking at those pics.. why would you need a hell guard? That pipe sure does look sexy though. :cheers

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
yup i have those same scratches and stuff. be sure to check the clearance on the bracket that goes between the can and the passenger peg relocation bracket. if its kinda close it may rub the undertail plastic.

okay here is another thing i did to the passenger pegs. get a used set off of ebay or use your existing pair. i cut off the stock muffler mount from the left peg and the hook on the right side peg. i ended up sanding the whole thing smooth and polishing it. oh i also did the passenger peg turnsignal mod at the same time. for me it looks cleaner without that piece for the stock can.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. Trying to pick up an extra peg just so I can cut the bracket off. I wonder if the left side peg would work on the right? I will try that later to see if it works. I am gona try to polish that mid pipe today and see if it gets any shinnier.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RedRocket said:
After looking at those pics.. why would you need a hell guard? That pipe sure does look sexy though. :cheers
You would be suprised but with a size 11 when the ball of my foot on the peg my heel would easily end up melting on the pipe.

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
damn that exhaust is sexy. As I type this I have another browser open where I'm paypaling hammy right now for my SB2....can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i've been wanted devil sb2 high mount for the longest, but after seening the quality of the mid pip, im not so sure ... i might get a high mount micron put on .. a local dealer is gettin rid of it for 297 .. humm decisions decisions

1 - 16 of 16 Posts