Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damnnnnnn does it feel good... was at the dealer on Saturday with Polish checking out the new models and I went straight for credit application... They left message on my machine today (monday) and I was assuming it was gonna be bad news..... little did I know.... WOOH.
I can either do $212/month (CDN) on an 04 at 72 months w/ $4000 down, or opt for a 2003 Silver R6 with 5200 km, at $9,400 .... (New R6 MSRP in Canada is $11,599) .....

Must be a good day.... first day it hasn't been minus 30 Celsius in over a month....

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, they are Canadian dollars...
They probably won't budge on the MSRP too much (or so I've heard from another guy who bought an R1 elsewhere because of that)
But they seem to rather give you discounts on gear off them

·
Registered
951 Posts
every dealer tries to **** you some where. my experience is you don't have a good deal until the find where they are trying to **** you out of money and take care of it. sometimes they will lower the price then rip you off in pointless services to make up for it, stuff like that.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Okay that is what i figured

11,599 (CDN) = 8,669.56 (USD), that is about 700+ more than what the msrp. For mine, out the door was $9,500 USD. Financed for 3 years and my monthly is almost $300. And i didn;'t get any accessories along with the bike. I figured that is more expensive in the long run since that price is added to your APR in the financing!

If i were you, try to get the 03 models. Save you a couple of thousand.
Use that money instead for any mods you want to add to your 6. I mean they are basically the same. Unless you just want to have the newer colors.

My 0.02 cents

·
Registered
951 Posts
Mikeeh76 said:
Use that money instead for any mods you want to add to your 6. I mean they are basically the same. Unless you just want to have the newer colors.
agreed there isn't any differences you'd really even notice between the two years. so i'm told atleast.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Mikeeh76 said:
agreed there isn't any differences you'd really even notice between the two years. so i'm told atleast.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Mikeeh76 said:
Okay that is what i figured

11,599 (CDN) = 8,669.56 (USD), that is about 700+ more than what the msrp. For mine, out the door was $9,500 USD. Financed for 3 years and my monthly is almost $300. And i didn;'t get any accessories along with the bike. I figured that is more expensive in the long run since that price is added to your APR in the financing!

My 0.02 cents
11,599 Canadian Dollars = 8,723.68 US Dollars, 9,400 Canadian Dollars = 7,069.80 US Dollars according to http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic. I paid $7,999 for my '03 with 500 miles and I thought that was still high but since there wasn't any left in the area, I took it. You are gonna have to figure out what best fits in your budget.......But I think both prices are kinda high.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Yeah i boguht mine too for $7,999, at that time , the dealership just got them about 3 months after the 03 R6's came out that year.

Basically i got mine at the MSRP price. But i got hooked up on the financing.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, yea, Canada and USA are totally different ballgame all together with the insurance too....

But either way, I'm happy I got the pre-approval out of the way, specially since my VISA has been taking a beating lately (Christmas, ho-hum)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I too paid cash for mine.

THINK HARD before you tie yourself into THAT big of an obligation.

You will have to come up with a payment EVERY MONTH for the next six years!!!

Also check your interest rate because YOU ARE GETTING HOSED!!!!!

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
see man, everyone iz telling you you gonna get fucked, hahah, thats what i told you from the beginning, its gonna be tight man, but you got no choice, so just dont crash it and get get caught doing wheelies with me and you'll be fine :cheers

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Yup either way, financing the bike is how the dealership can screw you, either it be on the APR fees, sometimes they will slip in the price of the crate fees, assembly fees or other bullshit.

if you got the cash, pay it in cash.

If you are still financing, buy the accessories you will need (helmet, jacket, gloves) separately from the bike, since they will be added to the APR. Basically they add the total to your bike to be financed and that will cost you more mula.

I finance my BIKE ONLY for 3 years with APR of 2.9%, which is not too bad, but i think they screwed me up with the fees and all.

·
Registered
270 Posts
:comp

DUDE, I think everybody else is right on track. Those prices are a TOO HIGH, especially for an '03 R6--valued @ the price of 10K+. I bought my R6 used, w/only 500 miles (practically new) for about 7500.

You should check out Cycletrader.com ; they have lots of bikes at reasonable prices.

I checked w/my credit union and the Blue Book isn't even worth that. Financing through the credit Union helps, because they'll give you a decent % rate, without trying to HOSE you!

Shop around, don't be led astray by the dealer's convincing sales tactics.

GOOD LUCK RYDA!!1 YEA!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.