Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i put a carbon fiber yoshi slip on on my 06 r6 raven tonight and im just curious about the 2 cables that i detatched from the stock pipe, i tried to search and didnt come up with much of anything, (probably doesnt help that i dont know the name of the valve they control in the exhaust), but anyway i am just wondering if im ok just letting the 2 cables hang or if it would be a better idea to remove them, and if the performance will be affected by not having that valve in the exhaust

thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
search for "exup"

·
GONE RIDING ONCE AGAIN
398 Posts
you can put a strap on them and let them hang..

i removed both cables so it looks a whole lot cleaner all you have to do is remove the exup motor held on with two bolts remove the cables and reinstall the motor (( but do not unplug the power going to it leave that hooked up..

·
Registered
218 Posts
ya, what they said remove but leave motor... the instructions *provided from yamaha* with my gytr carbon said that...

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
Is the EXUP valve within the stock muffler? Does it not transfer to the GYTR slip on?

·
Faster than you!
782 Posts
Is the EXUP valve within the stock muffler? Does it not transfer to the GYTR slip on?
Nope it doesnt transfer.....Its in the stock slip on. Unbolt the servo and unplug it and then remove the cables then plug it back in and bolt it up. Easy as that. You will notice no difference...if anything I think when I put my GYTR on it ran better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts