Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says, just installed it today. my bike is a 2005 R6 and i bought the Yosh shorty pipe for the 2006 R6 and custom fit it to the 2005.

I originally wanted to expand the inlet pipe on the exhaust to fit over the header pipe but the inlet pipe started to crack, luckily i was able to get it expanded enough so that it fit snug inside the header pipe. I know thats not the "proper" way to do it, but it was snug enough, and we(my father and i) clamped down the header pipe to the inlet pipe pretty good. we even had to hammer the exhaust into the header pipe since it fit so snug.

as of right now the only thing holding it up is the clamp on the header, however its solid as hell on there. im gonna keep a close eye on it over the next few rides, but im sure it will hold up just fine.

I also cut off the original exhaust bracket since it look so out of place with the new exhaust.

the bike sounds AWESOME now. it may be a little on the loud side, but so far its tolerable. a few times so far flames have come outta the exhaust, but thats because i dont have a power commander in there just yet.

pics are attached

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys.

My father owns a custom bike shop, so i got the exhaust for a bit under retail, and me and him installed it.

here's my review of the new pipe after a LONG ass day of riding, when i say longi mean from 7am to 6pm with only a few short breaks in between.

under acceleration it sounds euphoric. tonnes of compliments about that. however when going certain speeds, there is a low deep droning from the exhaust, that without earplugs starts to become a tad annoying, however it is tolerable, i was just worried about annoying anyone riding with me, but no one complained, atleast not to my face haha. cruising around 5.5k rpm(100km/h or 60 mph)the exhaust note is great, no droning, just a tad deeper tone than stock. however under 5.5 is when you start hearing the really deep tone of the exhaust and thats when the droning begins.

overall rating: 8/10.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is there a shorty exhaust made for the 05 that will make a perfect bolt on fit without having to make any modifications?
I think there is the GYTR, and RIOT exhausts that will fit on. dont quote me on that though.

reason i went for this one is because i had heard both gytr and riot and didnt like the sound. i actually hadnt heard the Yosh before, but i took a chance because i really liked the look of it.

after having it on for about a week now, the drone that i hear when booting around town, around 4-6k rpm is getting kinda annoying, so im thinking of making something to create a bit more back pressure to hopefully get rid of the drone.

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
Don't cruise at such a low RPM. Looks great.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You have to post a sound clip PLEASSSSSSSSSE! I am about to buy the Riot this week but if it's not hard to install and the sound is good I might reconsider.

·
MY R1 IS A BEAST !!
85 Posts
How loud is that riot exhaust, it sounds good on the video clip on youtube??

Danny

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
looks damn good. 100% better imo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts