Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
nice jacket cant go wrong with astar!i had mine for 3 years and 2 lowsides looks great held up even better!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope I never find out how it holds up in those conditions. I will take your word for it. I couldn't make up my mind on the black or blue, but the blue one was $50 cheaper so I went with it. Do they run small? I wasn't sure what size to get. L or XL. I went with large. Im 5'10" 180

·
"to" in "A to B"
111 Posts
I think the Large will fit you good. Congrats... but now I want one...sigh!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Yea i think youll love the Astars leather jackets, I havent touched my old Joe Rocket textile since i got the Astar MX-1.
Makes me feel real safe riding with it on..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I cant wait to get it. Tuesday can't get here soon enough. The coupon code is save20. You get $20 off purchase. I think you have to buy up to $150 though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It took me a week to decide which one to go with. The fifty dollar difference is what finally made me decide. Once I found the extra money off I couldn't pass up the deal. I just wish I had ordered it sooner.

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
looks good for the price, but i feel there are nicer designs out there, but of course they cost more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
well I walked into the cycle gear near my work (I have a feeling its going to be an issue since its so close lol-Im gonna run out of money) and picked up the b52 in black

I thought about ordering online so I could get the additional 20 off (the all black is 250) but the guy working was super cool and spent like 30 minutes with me talking about bike stuff...plus, he has the same jacket, and showed me what it looks/feel like once its broken in

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine came in a couple of days ago. It's a great jacket but I'm just not sure if I should of gone with the XL instead of L. The arm length is perfect just a bit snugg on the torso. I know they are suppose to be snugg but I'm debating whether to send it back for the XL. Did he say if it breaks in pretty good after wearing it a while? If I do send it back I have to pay the shipping there and back so I'm not sure it worth sending back. Does anyone know if it would be that big a differnce in fit. I have no problem zipping it up just feels tight.

I wish there was a store near me so I could just take it and exchange it without shipping it back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ya, he said it breaks in nicely, his jacket was pretty soft.

Also, is there another store near(not cyclegear, but any motorcycle place) you that might have the jacket in xl? That way you could go there an try it on to see if its gonna be worth shipping yours back to exchange it for the larger size.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts