Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was taking my MSF course over the weekend and passed everything with flyin colors, i have only been riding street since May. i took everyones advice to do it and am with you on it i agree that there is things in there that will help you if you have never been on a bike or are doing the transition from dirt to street...
Now i feel alot more comfortable on the 6 but still respecting the machine and stayin within my limits....
Thanks for the great advice guys...

·
Registered
373 Posts
HEY I PASSED TODAY TOO!!!!!!!! i really have a deep hatred for the honda nighthawks we rode. i couldn't even fit my boot under the shifter and it wouldn't even shift into 2nd sometimes... but it was a good experience. it was funny watching another classmate pull up in his ducati with full dainese leathers... and it was 90 degrees hahahahaha but congrats on graduatin!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats to you too!!!!!
i really didn't mind the bike too much but when i got home i went for a ride on the 6 and let me tell you that was a weird feeling...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hey guys!!! congrats on the MSF graduation..it truly is an amazing and educational class! You have made the road safer for everyone by taking that class!

I too took the class and passed with flying colors (NO POINTS!!!)
:hammer i'm a bragger!

anyways, thanks for taking the class, and enjoy the road on the best bike ever!

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I highly recommend the MSF class. YEA! Make sure to report it to your insurance company for a discount. Unfortunately, some guys will come out of there thinking they are Valentino Rossi now. :roll: Please keep in mind that these are the most basic safety principals for street survival. Just make sure to gradually continue to build upon them.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Good job on passing. :cheers

I loved the little 250's and I think there were a few 150's/125's kawi's... those things were so much fun. Have it WOT in 1st going around a corner and not having to worry about giving it too much....

I would sit there in line and see if I could get it to spin the tire without using the front brake.... It would just stall... I was bored, and having fun!

Since I had my license I rode my 6 to class... I had to pratice on the 6 before I could leave the parking lot, since everything it different.. Hardest thing to get use to was the leg/peg position.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the hardest part for me was getting the bike totally upright before braking on the turns i always want to start braking and get the bike upright at the same time, the instructor said that it is ok to do that but it is a different way to do it but it isn't what they teach.
It was an experience and i am going to recommend it to any new rider. They also have a advanced course that i think i might take next year after i get some experience under my belt. Now i just can't wait to get my license to go onto the streets legally...
Thanks everyone...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts