Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Joel and I just picked my baby a few days ago at Orlando Yamaha.
Hopefully, you guys will help out a newbie. I'm taking it easy being that this is my first bike. It barely has 100+ miles on it.

I had been wanting to get a bike for quite some time and decided to go for the blue R6. You guys seem to have a good forum going on and I'm hoping to learn something from the more experienced riders and share my future stories with the forum.

Joel

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi welcome and congrats, my name is joel as well and i live in Ocala florida bout hr north of you. i just bought an 05 as well. good luck my first bike too. fun as hell but stay ssafe.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
2 joels
2 05 R6's
2 more Florida members

I would bet you both got BLUE as well (its fastest)

holy shit! that is crazy...haha

WELCOME :wave to both of you. This is BY FAR the best forum you will ever be on, and the peeps here are GREAT. We have alot of fun, we have a lot of advice, hell, we even have Penfold that offers up free :jerkit

Congrats on the bikes!

·
Registered
40 Posts
mine is blue as well......... hmmm....... im married 20yrs old no kids 210 lbs 6 ft 1........ and lefthanded hence the name... if ur any where close to that...then... im scared.. lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm 31 and single, no kids. 5'11" 180lbs, but, I'm also left handed. Yikes!! this is some freaky sh!t.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You guys are killin me! I live south of Ocala, West of Orlando, but my R6 isn't here yet. Not Fair!

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
yzfmik said:
You guys are killin me! I live south of Ocala, West of Orlando, but my R6 isn't here yet. Not Fair!
is your name Joel? are you a Lefty?

hahaha

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would bet you both got BLUE as well (its fastest)

dude, whatever. don't even start with this blue shit being the fastest. blue paint relfects more pure light creating more resistence. hence is slower than yo momma on her little walker going up hill with the slip-on colostomy bag alllll the way full. you want fast, go red or black...not that broke-down-blue shit. damn. ;)

-chr|s sedition

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
the r1 is the fastest end of discussion

good choice on your bikes though excellent bikes you wont be dissapointed, i also live in fl and the 2 months it gets cold down here is the best to ride, but riding weather all year round is unbeatable

:cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome JSR6!!! I'm new to the forum myself, but I've been riding since 1997 and this is my third bike. I just picked up my 05' R6 yesterday at Coleman Powersports in Woodbridge, VA. This is my second R6!!! Break her in right. Don't blow it up before your first oil change. You'll hear different stories about how to break her in, but I'd suggest following the manufacturer's suggestions. Go up and down through all the gears. There is another section on this forum about how to break her in. It gives alot of good information. You'll have plenty of time to ride it like it's stolen. Enjoy and ride safe!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Baby_Girl said:
Welcome JSR6!!! I'm new to the forum myself, but I've been riding since 1997 and this is my third bike. I just picked up my 05' R6 yesterday at Coleman Powersports in Woodbridge, VA. This is my second R6!!! Break her in right. Don't blow it up before your first oil change. You'll hear different stories about how to break her in, but I'd suggest following the manufacturer's suggestions. Go up and down through all the gears. There is another section on this forum about how to break her in. It gives alot of good information. You'll have plenty of time to ride it like it's stolen. Enjoy and ride safe!
full size pic of your avatar?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Baby_Girl said:
Thanks for the welcome Baby_Girl!
I have only had it for 2 weeks and has 500+ miles on it going through the gears and short, but quick acceleration and deceleration dashes.
I regularly look around the forum, great forum btw, for information and there is a lot of it.

Keep the shiny side up!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts