Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I recently purchased a 2007 R6. It came to me with no exhaust at all after the cat and it is a complete ****ing dog.
My buddy bought it from this rich guy who took it all apart then lost interest. So my buddy bough it, put it back together and it runs well and idles well.
It is in really nice shape but it is nothing compared to my old 2005 R6. I even rode a friends 2007 R6 and it is night and day. My buddy said that it not having exhaust makes no back pressure and there is some valve in there that makes it run so slow. It only has 5000 miles on it too. So he said to get a power commander and it will fix the problem. I'm not too sure about that, I can't even get the stock exhaust but have a Yoshi that I can put on from my 05 R6 but I don't know where to get the right fitting pipe so I can hook it up.
So why is this thing such a dog? I would really appreciate any help because I can't keep up in the low end, but after it gets going it hauls ass, I did 135 on it the other day so its definitely not blown up.
Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon! :)

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
You'll be fine running without the exhaust, as long as the cat is still there.

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts