Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently governor terminator managed to :poke:idhitit:rocket right before leaving office. He signed bill SB 435 into law which makes any exhaust other than OEM a state crime in california. this will take effect on all bikes built from january 2013 and on. Now isnt all this a pain in the :moon....well guess ill be moving to another state :lmao

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts
The last 10 years have not been good for the motorcyclist in Ca. if you are a dirtbiker, you have to deal with green sticker and red sticker BS, and now they are attacking exhausts? They are really busting the balls. Pot better get legalized soon!

·
09 r6 team blue
850 Posts
If I have texas tags but live in cali with my bike, will I be effected by the law?
whats on your dl?.. and i wouldnt mention that to the officer who pulls you over.. thats illegal.. you have 30 days after moving to switch license and registration to the state you currently live in.. a very big problem with insurance fraud with ppl registering cars and bikes to state they dont live in to pay cheaper rates.. cops are on to that and will issue a very expensive ticket and a court date to have you go in and prove you switched everything over. im sure a cop isnt going to beleive that you travel from texas to cali on a daily basis.

·
R6'ers B4 Gixxers
367 Posts
If you are in the Military, you don't have to have a drivers license in the current state in which you reside (just a valid Mil ID + your current DL is required). I agree though, your bike should be registered/insured in the state you reside.

·
Registered
364 Posts
:repost

however i dont think this little law is going to be such a big deal. ok.. most people wont have 2013 bikes for a while because for me anyway im not going to buy a brand spankin new bike, ill get it used a few years later, idk about other people i guess tho. and also the article states that the officer cannot pull you over just for your exhaust. the actual reason for being pulled over has to be for something else before they can write a citation for your exhaust. seriously, i think most officers wont even bother to check.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Well, aren't most turn signals illegal? also fender eliminators, headlight HID's, removing the cat is also illegal.. Most people still do this and the po po doesn't really check or care..

but I guess if they make a bigger deal and they do enforce it you(we) are all screwed...

·
If u read this you're gay
343 Posts
I'm fairly sure that being military, i'm not required to register my vehicles in california.... But insurance will require a valid address of where the bike sleeps at night, and that is no big deal.

·
D.F.W.M.
31 Posts
Read about it in Motorcyclist and Super Streetbike. Hopefully the AMA will get off their duffs and do something about it. It's stupid! And if the problem is noise, Arnie coulda solved that just by BANNING ALL HARLEY-DAVIDSONS!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts