Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been registered for a while and mainly just lurked through the forums. I finally decided to pull the trigger on my first bike.

It's a silver 2008 Yamaha R6. I already ordered a M Four exhaust, fender eliminator kit, flush turn signal kit, gel seat, tank protector thing and frame sliders. I don't plan on doing much with the bike other than maybe a few cosmetic mods.

I just wanted something to cruise around on and have some fun with and make the commute to work a little more interesting, heh.

Don't plan on any performance modifications as I don't intend to push the bike to it's limits. I've got a fast car for that. :D

So, I'll try to keep the newb questions to a minimum and search a lot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
800hp sweet, still love the feel of 150 out in the open with no cage (car) around me, aint knocking you, old man had a 32 ford street rod w/a371 holley blower on it know the feel of horsepower on four wheels, still love the rush of two

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the car has always been fun but now I want to try something a little different. I pick up the bike tomorrow with my parts installed and off to an empty parking lot for the rest of the day, heh.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an 07, the fastest I got it up to is 156, not sure if that is what I was actually doing according to a dealership in Wyoming a r6 cant go that fast
Anyone know that actually top end of a stock r6, cuz I still had alot of throttle left

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the bike, haven't seen too many of the silver 08s. Everyone has been picking up the yellow and black. I saw the silver at the dealership and it looked hot. Post some pics! :D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Yea, I got out on the country roads sunday and opened my 1000rr up. Got her up to 162. Damn did it feel good! And then I let off the throttle. Haha! The pucker factor started setting in. It feels good to do that every once in awhile, just to feel the power.

Got the damn thing ripped apart now for an a-tech intake. What a great time to do that. Suppose to be sunny and 75 all week. *$&@!

·
:toocool
1,151 Posts
just curious what you paid OTD, Im picking up mine tomorrow and it came to a total of 10,755. sound about right? they wouldnt give me any kind of discount and its the last liquid silver R6 with in 100s of miles from where i live.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts