Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been struck by the modititus bug. I plan on buying a MotoDynamic integrated tail and a Graves Fender Eliminator tomorrow. I just want to know exactly how to remove the tail section. I searched, I suck. Also, I read about these relays people bought because the flashers were way off?

Just wanting to get my information correct before I go buying this stuff, because it ain't cheap! To me.

Thanks fellow 6ers!

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Well, I've been struck by the modititus bug. I plan on buying a MotoDynamic integrated tail and a Graves Fender Eliminator tomorrow. I just want to know exactly how to remove the tail section. I searched, I suck. Also, I read about these relays people bought because the flashers were way off?

Just wanting to get my information correct before I go buying this stuff, because it ain't cheap! To me.

Thanks fellow 6ers!
Tail section is easy to remove.
1. Take off your passenger seat
2. Disconnect the two turn signal wires (Should be black and grey)
3. Disconnect the tail light wire (Should be a big white one)
4. Disconnect the plate light (Should be 2 of them in tubes)
5. Loosen the bolts (I believe it's a 10mm socket)
6. Take it off

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tail section is easy to remove.
1. Take off your passenger seat
2. Disconnect the two turn signal wires (Should be black and grey)
3. Disconnect the tail light wire (Should be a big white one)
4. Disconnect the plate light (Should be 2 of them in tubes)
5. Loosen the bolts (I believe it's a 10mm socket)
6. Take it off
Thanks brother.

Do you have an integrated tail on your bike?

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm debating if I should get the smoked one or not. I have a blue 08. So I'm not sure how it will look. The clear MotoD tail light is sold out.

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Smoked it is. I'm ordering a Graves Fender Elim. in the morning and the Integrated Tail. What else will I need? A relay flasher from CustomLED?

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Thanks brother.

Do you have an integrated tail on your bike?
Yeah I do, but I bought it from a member here on the forum. Looks like it was from D2moto, doesn't shine as bright as Motodynamic.

I suggest you get something to slow down the turn signals, mine are pretty much useless because they blink too fast.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Smoked it is. I'm ordering a Graves Fender Elim. in the morning and the Integrated Tail. What else will I need? A relay flasher from CustomLED?
If you have flushmounts, yes...you will need to get a relay from CustomLED!

BTW, Graves is having a sell on their website, 20%...
http://www.gravesport.com/blog/?p=171

1 - 20 of 22 Posts