Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whassup all! I just wanted to tell all of you DON'T BUY JACK SHIT FROM CYCLEGEAR!!! :cuss Here's what happened...

About a month ago i bought a new pair of JoeRocket Speedmaster gloves from them. I saw them in a store and they kicked ass and cyclegear had a good deal going for them. I bought them online and paid for them using my credit card. I was sent a conformation telling me that they would be shipped out of oakland and should arrive within the next three to four business days...well a week later i called because they still had not arrived. They apparently shipped them to a dealer in frisco so they had to be reshipped...no problem just get them here ya know...

anyway, another week goes by and still no gloves....then to make a long story a little shorter...it's been a freakin' month and still no gloves. I called cyclegear and they said the gloves had been lost in transit and that they would give me a full refund on the money....well then the refund wasn't even a FULL refund...they took out for shipping and shipping insurance....

Have any of you guys bought from them before and had any problems. Right now i say everyone not buy shit from CycleGear or CycleGear.com...i should have just paid a little more and bought from kneedraggers.com...they're awesome...

:piss CycleGear :cuss :comp :cuss :comp :cuss

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Absolutely ridiculous. No one charges shipping and insurance on a product they didn't deliver. Call the federal trade comission and the better business bureau and tell them they stole your money. THEN call your credit card company and have them reverse the charges for fraud.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TexasR6 said:
Absolutely ridiculous. No one charges shipping and insurance on a product they didn't deliver. Call the federal trade comission and the better business bureau and tell them they stole your money. THEN call your credit card company and have them reverse the charges for fraud.
TexasR6, I thought the same thing that you did. I totally forgot to mention that i asked cycle gear to replace the lost gloves with another pair and the :asshole on the phone basically laughed at me and said that i could purchase another set...but they would only refund my money and not replace the gloves...isn't that a bunch of crap!

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
um ya thats complete :BS , why in the hell would they have to refund your money just to have you buy another freakin pair. and that not refundin the shippin crap is a bunch of crap. id call the BBB or trade commision people cause your gettin ripped on that deal :cuss

·
Registered
170 Posts
I ordered 2 pairs of gloves from MetricBikes.Com and then had to cancel 1 pair. They cancelled the order and refunded me everything...including shipping. They didn't have BS insurance charges.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called him back to let him know that i was gonna call the BBB and he put me on hold for like 20 minutes so i hung up and called back but hte ****** didn't answer his phone so i left a long ass message about all the shit that had happened...gonna call BBB in the next day or two.

·
IQ = Post Count
1,731 Posts
I ordered some turn signals from Cyclegear (motrax). I made the order on a Saturday and for some reason they didn't ship until the following Thursday and arrived that following Wednesday. Smooth transaction over all, but just kind of weird it took 5 days to process an order.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hmmm

Well, I can't say I've ever had a problem with cyclegear. I don't use the internet to purchase from them as there is one real close to my house. They are a sponsor of mine in the off-road racing circuit, but like I said, I've never ordered off the internet from them. Yeah, you have a case on the money issue, but basically if you call the CC company, they will just reverse the charges and be done with it. If you really have an issue with them, then email them, call them and take note on who you talked to and what time and date you called. Make a paper trail of everything that's being done. Good luck
Ash

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have never used their online site....there is a store less than 5 minutes from me so I do purchase things there from time to time.....that being said none of my expensive gear was bought their because I dont like them that much

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
How does that saying go?
"The bitterness of poor service is long remembered after the sweetness of low price is long forgotten."
I've had guys that sent me 10 E-mails requesting photos, links, sound, files, product info, returned phone calls etc. I've even turned them on to brands that they never heard of before. And after all that, they have the nerve to do the "Internet bottom feeder" price search and throw in my face that they can get it from this place for $5 less!! :eek: EEK GADS!!! I've tried to screw them!!!! I often wondered what the service was like at those places. Did they take the time to talk with them and E-mail them pictures and sound files and answer all their questions or did they just stick out their hand to take their money? Sometimes that extra $5 or $10 is well worth it. Unfortunately, there are all too many dealers that let guys like me do all the work and then have the "We'll beat anyone's price, GUARANTEED!!!!" policy. Here's a novel idea, how about actually working for the money? Or better yet, the customer reward the person who actually worked for them as so many of you have (and thank you for that). I know, there I go with that crazy talk again! :jester

·
Now you see me...
1,274 Posts
bottom line:

you get what you pay for.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.