Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a complete noob I added a fender eliminator/greggs flushmounts/pazzo levers/changed my oil&filter/added shogun frame sliders without a single problem (all with the help of this forum btw)

But my K&N Air filter is another issue here are the instructions word for word:

1. Remove the stock air filter
2. Carefully clean the inside of the air box.
3. Remove the O-rings from the airbox lid (Fig. 1) and the air box base (Fig.2)

This is where I'm like WTF? Are these the o-rings that were inside the air box base? Because i removed them. I wasnt sure. The instructions do not say anything about reinstalling the o-rings.

I've since Reinstalled the air box lid without the "O-rings"....but i started second guessing myself...do these need to be installed back in the air box...the instructions werent as clear. Thanks in advance.

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
those arent the o-rings those are your valosity stacks put them back!

The o-rings they aer talking about are not really o-rings but the rubber gaskets that are on the rim of the airbox

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those arent the o-rings those are your valosity stacks put them back!

The o-rings they aer talking about are not really o-rings but the rubber gaskets that are on the rim of the airbox
Thanks for the info...put them back on tonight. I did ride my bike today without them...off chance i hurt the bike in any way?

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
+1 on the no, but they can change performance not that you probaly could notice though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts