Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, last try before I just decide to keep it and stop bothering with it. This is a brand new in box K&N jet kit (stage 1) and a like new K&N high flow filter.

Kit states it is for 99-01 R6, but I believe the 02 ran the same carbs. Call K&N/Dynojet to confirm. Filter was on a 2000, but I believe it fits the 99-05.

Last chance --> $90 FIRM. Buyer pays shipping, but I'll also throw in a custom R6 tank pad. It is static cling so you never have to buy another one. It's pretty bling (I think). Clear, so all you really see is the Yamaha logo and the R6 printed on it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i would like to take it but im new to hookin uop bikes
can you tell me what this filter + jet kit will do for my r6? i currently only have a slip on(performance wise).... please be detailed

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would like to take it but im new to hookin uop bikes
can you tell me what this filter + jet kit will do for my r6? i currently only have a slip on(performance wise).... please be detailed
Manufacturers send their bikes out jetted lean in order to meet EPA requirements. The jet kit will increase power and smoothness throughout the entire rev range, while maintaining optimum fuel economy.

In short, it makes your bike run like it should. The one difference between a jet kit and just going to the factory and buying the right brass/jets is that the kit will also give you a needle that is designed much better according to your bike.

The kit is a stage 1 kit, meaning it was designed to work perfectly w/ a KnN filter and a slip-on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts