Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today seemed to be my day to go down. It finally happened - I went down today. But I wasn't at fault and I'm very upset.

I was half way through a tight turn (posted speed limit of 15mph with about 700 warning signs). I was doing the speed limit because it's covered in tar snakes and it was a hot day.

At around the apex or a little before, I hear a hissing from behind me. It was the tires of a car coming down behind me and locking his brakes. He couldn't slow down enough and he hit me I believe on the rear tire. This nearly caused me to high side and I got an awful wobble. The road is narrow without a shoulder on each side but about .5-2ft deep rocky ditches on the edges of the road from rain washout. The near high-side sent me into the on coming lane and across the road. I laid on the brakes as hard as I could to save myself from flipping face first into a rocky wall if I hit the ditch. At about 5mph i hit a sandy patch on the edge of the road and my front tire went out. My bike laid down on the right side and slid about 3-5 ft, stopping about 6" from a rock bottomed 5' ditch.

When the bike hit the pavement my right foot wedged under something and I flew over the bike and flipped 3 times on the edge of the road. I smashed up my left knee and left shoulder and my back is in all sorts of pain. My head smacked the road REALLY hard but my helmet kept its contents in the right condition.

My bike has rash on the front fairing, all right side fairings, engine case, the pipe to my exhaust, bar ends, mirror, brake lever, and my rear set is bent in and down. That's the end of my mint and pristine raven. :(

Before I was even able to stand up, I heard the driver of the car that rear ended me speeding off. By the time I gathered my bearings, all I was able to pick up from the driver was that he was in a blue car. And I also heard him and at least one passenger scream out "Oh shit!" before they sped off.

I filed a police report but I'm not very hopeful of anything. No witnesses and I didn't have too much of a description.

The reason I mentioned Karma was because about 6 months ago I crashed my mustang into a parked car because of a freak snow storm and icy roads. I did the right thing and turned myself in and paid for the damages to both cars when I could have easily gotten away with it. And here I am, easily could have been killed, and the person responsible was a coward and sped away.

I'd share pics, but right now I don't feel like looking at my bike again.

On the bright side, I realize things could have been WAY worse. In a way I'm sort of happy right now.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i'd watch that road chances are they travel down it frequently

well maybe not if they couldn't make the corner nvrmnd glad your alive

you can come stare at my raven so you don't go through withdraws till you get yours fixed

·
Is my R6 cool like Phils?
297 Posts
if you could remember more than just a blue car you might could find them... but hopefully karma will set in and they will get what they deserve!

sorry about what happened!

·
To the Bat Cave!
4,113 Posts
Damn dude, that sucks! Sorry to hear, but glad you are okay. I'd go with what Nitro said and scope out that road. They were probably speeding and came on you too fast.

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
657 Posts
Set up camp at that corner at whatever time of day it happened (probably the inside of the corner is a good idea) and wait til you see a car and it clicks, "That's the ****er!". Then just call the police with the license plate number so you can get what evidence you need from their car, and prosecute that bitch.

Just make sure you're 100% positive that "that's the ****er".

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
dude that f-ing SUCKS. do you think there was any damage to their car that could help as evidence?

i am sorry to hear about that B.S. i hope you find that ASShole!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
glad your ok man. i'd definately post up on that road for the next week or 2 and keep a watchful eye for someone who has any damage on the passenger side front of the car (i'm guessing thats where the damage will most likely be).

ALSO, visit/call EVERY body shop/dealership in the area, and ask them to keep an eye out for a blue car with front end damage comming in and give them the short of the story (you were almost killed on a bike, driver ran, your bike has alot of damage). this should be done soon as most people involved in a hit and run will probably want their car fixed ASAP to avoid any confrontation from someone looking for a jacked up car.

btw, i know you were hazey at the time but did you see if the plate was in state or out of state? or if its any kind of sports car you might post around on some local car forums, you'd probably have good luck there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
wow man that sux glad your alright. chances are if you camp that road you will find them. GL with your bike to man

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad to hear you are mostly okay. Just in case, get yourself checked out, especially your back.

·
Registered
208 Posts
yea thats a good idea maxx. . back problems suck and can haunt your for a long time. my uncle had to have 6 surgeries on his back just from jumping from a boat to a dock.... plus alota overworkin here and there. anyway point being it kept him in bed and at home for months

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
sorry to hear what happened, just take your time and heal up. I hope things get worked out for you and the bike.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
glad to see your ok.....I hope you recover from your injuries...and if you do see the guy agian.....godspeed his recovery

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Sorry to hear about this dude. If I could, I'd camp out at that corner with you. Hope you some how find this f****r, and deliver some just rewards.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
HOLY CRAP...dude, I'd do my best to canvas bodyshops like that other guy said, and even post signs up with a pic of your bike and state that there is a "hit and runner" out there and you would like help finding someone who committed near vehicular manslaughter...

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
damn, thst sounds like a terrible crash... hope the losr gets whats coming to him

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
glad your ok man sry to hear about the bike and the whole crappy incedent. but like u said could have been a hell of alot worse..... rest up, get better and get back out there soon

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
sorry to hear that.at least you made it out ok,could have been worse.at least you can repair the bike.good luck finding the bastard responsible.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys. A little update.

I would go scope out the area, but like I said, it's not that I can't remember the car, I just barely got a glimpse of it before he sped off around the bend.

This morning I woke up to the feeling of being hit by a bus fool of fat kids. I had to leave work because the pain was becoming too unbearable. I went to the docs and got checked out.

I've got a pinched nerve in my lumbar and I sprained my shoulder. Deep tissue massages are covered by my insurance though :fact

And maybe if the pain lasts long enough I'll get prescribed some serious narcs :nocontrol

As for my bike, I still haven't given it a good look over. It's supposed to rain for 10 days or so, therefore I'll get around to it eventually.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts