Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
VVVVVVRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMM
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am hopefully getting my new tires on today.. while they are off what should I clean the rims off with. It seems I clean them and then a few days later they are looking pretty dirty.. Any suggestions?

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
Depends on how dirty they are. Normally I wipe them down after every ride with armoral clean wipes. If they are caked with grease and brake dust then you will have to use WD40 or something stronger. Simple Green works too.

·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I just cleaned them about a week or so ago. I was just wanting to know if anyone had found a product that will keep them cleaner and shining for longer.

·
12,482 Posts
I used EagleOne's Tire and Wheel cleaner about 4 weeks ago...

AWESOME! It's a spraycan applicator that sprays foam onto the surface... you let it sit for a couple minutes, then spray away....

I got a flat tire yesterday, and when I inpected the rim, I was surprised to see that the rim was still pretty clean compared to other solutions.

·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been looking on the web and I ran a crossed a few websites.. one I found said they apply a couple coats of wax on their rims and weeks later still looking like they just cleaned them.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
soap and water works for me

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I put a couple of coats of wax and then all you have to do pretty much is wipe them with a towel or spray them off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts