Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you know, I had my bike up for sale. The reason it was for sale is that a friend of mine was selling his Gixxer 1K for an great price. He was going to let me walk with it for $2,900 bucks. The Girl ( my G.F ) said I can get the bike if I sell mine first. Cool, my bike is up for sale the next day.

Well my friend is pretty impulsive, so he does things without warning or notice. That is how this sale even came about. So after a week or so we see each other and he is like we got a deal right, $2,900 and the bike is yours. I'm like hell yeah, I have a buyer and I will know an answer this coming Monday ( Mon. the 29th of Nov. ). So Monday comes along and the deal falls through. Good thing, because Tuesday morning I get a text from my friend saying, and I quote:

" Hey homer, you are about out of time on this bike. 2 guys waiting with cash, gonna have to let it go".

I reply with:

" Damn! I am talking to a guy with cash and it may be gone today ( refering to my bike ). How much time do I have? I may be able to pull money out of savings. I have the money already. The stipulation was I have to sell my bike ".

I get no reply at all for the rest of the day. Then around 5 that afternoon he texts me.

" Bike is gone man. I had to seal the deal 4 hours ago. A guy in Florida bought it. I couldn't hold him off any longer. He gave 200 extra to make it a done deal today. "

So I'm pretty bummed, pissed and glad I didn't actually sell my bike. I told him I had the money and that I would have paid him 200 more to hold it. He responds with a forward of his first text that morning followed by another saying:

" That means offer me something, anything to wait more ( after 3 weeks of waiting )."

It hadn't quit been 3 weeks yet, and I didn't even get a chance to put in a bid. He never told me what the hell was going on after my texts that morning. The frustrating part was that he was the one who said he would hold the bike for me ( in our old conversations ) and said I had time. So lack of communication has left me with no bike to purchase after sale of my machine. So my bike was taken off the market. Now if he had said the bike will be sold today for this much. I would have responded with hold it I will match the offer and have money for you tomorrow. Since I have the money it wouldn't be hard to convince the girl to release it.

So my girl felt bad and said she would have had no problem letting the money go for the purchase. Then she throws a shocker. She says:

" Well baby, why don't you wait until the summer, we will have more money saved and you can buy a bike that will be really nice. It would be cool then to spend a couple few thousand on top of the sale of your bike to get a really nice bike. "

My girl and I share an account. We have a pretty good savings right now and am looking to pay off the 350Z in the next few months. So we are being smart with are spending at the moment. It's a pretty good dynamic. I like it and it's nice to have money saved and have very few bills from paying crap off with the savings. I love my girl.........

So in the long run it worked out for me. I will get to get a really well prepped machine sometime this coming summer. As for those of you who are selling things to friends; be sure to communicate with them. I could have had a really nice bike, at a steal of a price if he had just communicated with me about what was going on. In his mind it was my fault for not throwing money at him and just making an offer. Had I known that the sale was going through 2 hours after the first text, I would have. All I knew was that time was running out. Perhaps it was my fault for just not jumping on it regardless. Good thing is I get to get a better machine anyway. I just have to wait.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
glad things worked out. But I will never buy/sell from family. If there are any issues with the bike/whatever is being sold, it goes back to the seller. Many times arguments will start and relationships may end. Or become hostile. Not worth it in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Phew, I thought by the time I'd finish that it would be summer and you'd have your bike. :poke

Happy things work out and hopefully you get a bad ass bike!! I agree with the above but I guess it depends on how close the friend is...

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
I only offer insane pricing to friends... if I'm going to take a bath, I'd rather a friend reap the rewards of my loss. My friends are pretty much the same way...

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Good deal! I bet you're relieved

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
now you have something to take to the track:fact

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hell yeah I'm relieved. I would have actually been mad had I sold my bike and he pulled that number. It is his bike and he can do what he wants with it. When you know someone is doing something in order to make things work, you at least give them the low down first though. I just got a time is up NOW notice.

I make long posts to make up for the lack of post count padding I do. I hate it when someone replies with a one liner to a question that requires a descriptive paragraph. And since there are certain things on this forum I don't partake in, I figure I should at least contribute with good posts. Every now and then I have a really good sense of humor though.

·
12,482 Posts
Sorry to say, but your "friend" sounds like a douchbag. :fact :nono

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A couple of my other friends are disappointed in him as well. The fact of the matter is....... It's his bike to do what he wants with. His only failure was not communicating as well as most would expect. I didn't expect him to hold it for long, but I also didn't expect him to leave me out in left field come sale time. It's more my fault for not jumping on it. But then again I get to get a better bike later anyway.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,253 Posts
This is why I HATE texting! :lmao

Glad it worked out for you, though....and may work out better for you come spring! :toocool:

·
12,482 Posts
A couple of my other friends are disappointed in him as well. The fact of the matter is....... It's his bike to do what he wants with. His only failure was not communicating as well as most would expect. I didn't expect him to hold it for long, but I also didn't expect him to leave me out in left field come sale time. It's more my fault for not jumping on it. But then again I get to get a better bike later anyway.
Yes, you should have jumped on it sooner, but in the end, he was the one without the proper communication AND he went back on his word IMO.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Glad to hear things took a turn for the better seems like

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
welcome back:sing...:lmao sux what your mate did, but great that your girl is supporting the newer/better bike next season :cheers ****

·
Registered
277 Posts
Unlucky but come summer you'll be laughing :)

With me and my close friends its as simple as "I'll give it to you for this much $$$, you want it?.... Yeah I'll drop you the cash later today" Done.

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
My girl and I share an account.
Disaster in the making. If you're serious about this chick, you better marry her. Otherwise, it could be really ugly if she/you cheats or breaks the relationship off. Trust me. My WIFE and I don't even share an account. I learned my lesson with that one.

·
Registered
307 Posts
So as some of you know, I had my bike up for sale. The reason it was for sale is that a friend of mine was selling his Gixxer 1K for an great price. He was going to let me walk with it for $2,900 bucks. The Girl ( my G.F ) said I can get the bike if I sell mine first. Cool, my bike is up for sale the next day.

Well my friend is pretty impulsive, so he does things without warning or notice. That is how this sale even came about. So after a week or so we see each other and he is like we got a deal right, $2,900 and the bike is yours. I'm like hell yeah, I have a buyer and I will know an answer this coming Monday ( Mon. the 29th of Nov. ). So Monday comes along and the deal falls through. Good thing, because Tuesday morning I get a text from my friend saying, and I quote:

" Hey homer, you are about out of time on this bike. 2 guys waiting with cash, gonna have to let it go".

I reply with:

" Damn! I am talking to a guy with cash and it may be gone today ( refering to my bike ). How much time do I have? I may be able to pull money out of savings. I have the money already. The stipulation was I have to sell my bike ".

I get no reply at all for the rest of the day. Then around 5 that afternoon he texts me.

" Bike is gone man. I had to seal the deal 4 hours ago. A guy in Florida bought it. I couldn't hold him off any longer. He gave 200 extra to make it a done deal today. "

So I'm pretty bummed, pissed and glad I didn't actually sell my bike. I told him I had the money and that I would have paid him 200 more to hold it. He responds with a forward of his first text that morning followed by another saying:

" That means offer me something, anything to wait more ( after 3 weeks of waiting )."

It hadn't quit been 3 weeks yet, and I didn't even get a chance to put in a bid. He never told me what the hell was going on after my texts that morning. The frustrating part was that he was the one who said he would hold the bike for me ( in our old conversations ) and said I had time. So lack of communication has left me with no bike to purchase after sale of my machine. So my bike was taken off the market. Now if he had said the bike will be sold today for this much. I would have responded with hold it I will match the offer and have money for you tomorrow. Since I have the money it wouldn't be hard to convince the girl to release it.

So my girl felt bad and said she would have had no problem letting the money go for the purchase. Then she throws a shocker. She says:

" Well baby, why don't you wait until the summer, we will have more money saved and you can buy a bike that will be really nice. It would be cool then to spend a couple few thousand on top of the sale of your bike to get a really nice bike. "

My girl and I share an account. We have a pretty good savings right now and am looking to pay off the 350Z in the next few months. So we are being smart with are spending at the moment. It's a pretty good dynamic. I like it and it's nice to have money saved and have very few bills from paying crap off with the savings. I love my girl.........

So in the long run it worked out for me. I will get to get a really well prepped machine sometime this coming summer. As for those of you who are selling things to friends; be sure to communicate with them. I could have had a really nice bike, at a steal of a price if he had just communicated with me about what was going on. In his mind it was my fault for not throwing money at him and just making an offer. Had I known that the sale was going through 2 hours after the first text, I would have. All I knew was that time was running out. Perhaps it was my fault for just not jumping on it regardless. Good thing is I get to get a better machine anyway. I just have to wait.
Hey i could really use a good GF who works and is good with money. when she gonna be free? and if so let her know about me, thanks man. Btw your friend is no friend at all id be annoyed

1 - 20 of 37 Posts