Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Keyless start??

8K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  luke geis 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone could tell me what i need and how i would wire in a keyless start for track days. thanks (pics would be get if possible)

#37 ·
The immobilizer seems to be an issue for the uk folks. I'm pretty good with electronics so to me it would make sense. In the above post I posted a circuit layout that represents just about all bike in the U.S. From there a U.K rider should be able to see the difference in the circuit after opening things up a little. I can't so I'm gonna guess. The orange wire on the U.S bike does nothing. It is connected to the red wire somewhere in the loom. My guess is that this wire is a power wire for the immobilizer unit in the U.K bikes. I don't have a circuit layout or anything so I don't know if there are additional wires or not in a U.K bike. So before cutting things run some tests.

The immobilizer will need to be hooked up to switched power. That means when the key is in the ignition the chipped key will tell the unit it is ok. Without the key it's a no go. This circuit usually interrupts the ignition circuit. So the box that reads the key must be located in the bike somewhere. So we need to find that box and figure out what does what. Find the hot lead and the ground lead. The other wires will most likely interrupt the signal to the ecu or from the ecu. you will need to find those as well. if you can dredge up a U.K bike wire diagram that would help as then we may be able to see what is really going on. the idea is to trick the unit into thinking there is a key or at least immobilizing the immobilizer.

#38 ·
has anyone thought of doing it say like lexus infiniti and what nots where only needs to read a certain code from the key where the key is somewhere on you?

since the bike does something similar with the immobilizer system maybe thats possible

so then the bike would still be locked if you arent around?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.