Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can just get my tip toes down when i mount so im getting a lowering kit, is there anyway i can get a smaller kickstand for my 05 thats not a $130 adjustable one?

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
how much do they charge to do that?

·
i follow the speed limit
149 Posts
my bike was lowered and kickstand was cut and welded, looked ghetto, but worked.
now its back to stock height and bought a new stand.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i'd suggest get an adjustable kickstand. i had a friend cut and weld his stock kickstand and it didnt hold up to long. you have to find a real good welder who can weld aluminum

·
Registered
284 Posts
i had mine cut and welded, it didnt look ghetto..and it held up great...maybe stronger than stock...anyways try just shaving your seat..itll bring you down an insh or so and you wont have to buy links and a kickstand...you also wont mess up the geometrics of the bike....plus it just looks way better at stock height...i lowered mine and realized that stock height was better so i un did everything and just got a shaved seat

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
when i first bought my R6 it was dropped 3" and used the stock kick stand. i stood dman near straight up (i don't recommed doing that even though i lucked out and never had an asshole bump into it and knock it over), but it worked fine for almost a year when i finaly smartened up and raised it back to stock and it rides so much better now. i'm 5' 8" and tippy toe it but its well worth it!!!!!! try to keep it stock and get used to it or shave the seat!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
look at the kick stand carefully. You knowtice at the end of the kick stand, the one that joint with the bick, the kick stand is stop by a notch. If you grind it down, it will let the kick stand sly foward a little more and that will let you use a stock kick stand on a lowered bike.
hope it help.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
How tall are you?

I vote you keep it stock height and just put one foot down.....

·
Registered
543 Posts
i had mine cut and welded, it didnt look ghetto..and it held up great...maybe stronger than stock...anyways try just shaving your seat..itll bring you down an insh or so and you wont have to buy links and a kickstand...you also wont mess up the geometrics of the bike....plus it just looks way better at stock height...i lowered mine and realized that stock height was better so i un did everything and just got a shaved seat
holy crap .. someone with intellect is present on this board ??? :bow , lowering the bike is a big NO NO and it will throw of the geometry of the bike and possibly cause you to bottom out under heavy braking . ALWAYS SHAVE YOUR SEAT before you even think about lowering a bike

·
i follow the speed limit
149 Posts
lowered looks better, thats about all...stock height rides better.
depends on what u looking for, mine was lowered before, and now that its back to stock with some suspension tweaks its great.
shave the seat and go from there

·
Registered
372 Posts
Is there an aftermarket shaved seat? Or do you just have to shave the stocker?

·
Registered
284 Posts
holy crap .. someone with intellect is present on this board ??? :bow , lowering the bike is a big NO NO and it will throw of the geometry of the bike and possibly cause you to bottom out under heavy braking . ALWAYS SHAVE YOUR SEAT before you even think about lowering a bike
haha its "intellect" ,if you will, gained from experience, my old bike was lowered at one point-never again. anyway just shave the stocker im 5'6" and so far its not bad..an upholstry shop should be able to do it for $50..other wise, do it yourself if you have a staple gun, you can scour ebay for people that have done it already and are selling theirs..i found mine on ebay so i have a stocker and a shaved stocker
and imho lowering the bike doesn tmake it look better i like bigger gaps between the tail and hugger

·
Registered
99 Posts
Whoever says that their lowered bike handled bad THEY DIDN'T LOWER IT RIGHT. If done correct it handles fine.

·
Registered
284 Posts
personally, im not claiming it "handled bad"...ive ridden a lowered bike for over a year with no issues, it will change the geometrics and most certianly affect turning, assuming your pushing it. i will say though under normal everyday riding like commuting to work and such- you more than likely will not be able to tell the difference. if you do lower the bike remember to raise the forks up through your triple tree to compensate for the lowered rear.

·
Registered
99 Posts
personally, im not claiming it "handled bad"...ive ridden a lowered bike for over a year with no issues, it will change the geometrics and most certianly affect turning, assuming your pushing it. i will say though under normal everyday riding like commuting to work and such- you more than likely will not be able to tell the difference. if you do lower the bike remember to raise the forks up through your triple tree to compensate for the lowered rear.
Thank you. I guess my point is not everyone is Rossi. We don't all race. I push mine plenty, but well within my limits. +1 on the forks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts