Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Read Only
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my 200 lb friend thought it would be funny to jump on the passenger seat of my bike while it's still balanced on the kickstand. then another friend decided to jump on the rider seat as well. combined theyre probably 230 lbs. Right now I'm paranoid that they damaged my kickstand because looking at it from the back of my back, the kickstand is bent. Is it normally suppose to be kind of curved or is it suppose to be completely straight?

·
scared of big tracks
8,491 Posts
so my 200 lb friend thought it would be funny to jump on the passenger seat of my bike while it's still balanced on the kickstand. then another friend decided to jump on the rider seat as well. combined theyre probably 230 lbs. Right now I'm paranoid that they damaged my kickstand because looking at it from the back of my back, the kickstand is bent. Is it normally suppose to be kind of curved or is it suppose to be completely straight?
So one friend weighs 200lbs and the other only weighs 30lbs? :poke
Kickstand shouldn't be bent, at least mine isn't.

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
If it started to bend then it probaby would've just snaped off

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
i usually pivot my bike on the kickstand...you should be fine, and feed your 30lbs. friend :poke

·
Read Only
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha i meant 330... sorry. But the kickstand is curved for sure. I'm just wondering if your guys' kickstands are the same. How durable are these kickstands anyway? They were literally sitting on my bike both feet off the ground just balancing on the kickstand

·
Wanderer
774 Posts
My kickstand is slightly curved. I do not have a good picture at this time. I also pivot my bike on it daily to get it out of the garage. I'm sure it is fine.

·
Banned
3,295 Posts
It should be fine. I rotate my bike (lift it on the kickstand and spin it) on the kickstand and the bike is going to outweigh your friends... Either way there is nothing you can do, replace it.

get over it, lessson learned. get some new friends.

·
Read Only
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its still very solid but my friend is insisting on buying me a new one and now I'm a little embarrassed for accusing him of bending my kickstand if it's actually perfectly fine....

·
Registered
342 Posts
its still very solid but my friend is insisting on buying me a new one and now I'm a little embarrassed for accusing him of bending my kickstand if it's actually perfectly fine....
If he's gonna buy you one, let him. If it looks bent might as well replace it, its not your money...

·
Read Only
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the thing is, what if it's suppose to be slightly bent and when he gets the new one and it looks exactly the same as my current one. I guess that's the point of this thread I want to know if I'm being paranoid or not...

·
Registered
342 Posts
the thing is, what if it's suppose to be slightly bent and when he gets the new one and it looks exactly the same as my current one. I guess that's the point of this thread I want to know if I'm being paranoid or not...
They are not supposed to be bent at all. Should be straight. If it looks bent, then they bent it or it was bent previously and you didn't notice it.

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
:nono

1 - 20 of 27 Posts