Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.... So I have a interesting story and am in need of some help!

My bike was stolen a little while back and recently the police found the guy with my bike at a chop shop...

It still starts .. it runs... But it doesn't have a sensor for the kickstand, n,or do I see any wire that comes down that way anymore as it should...

I have 2 wires that sit here and they do not do anything... Is there a way to trick it with some wires up closer to the ecu? Or what can I trace from the ecu down to find the right wires? Because there is no prongs to connect or any wiring that comes down for the kickstand sensor.
Any help would be appreciated as there isn't many motorcycle mechanics in my area... And I drove over an hour to a mechanic last time I had a issue and got it running recently and now I've come into this issue next...

I think I can fix it myself or bypass it just need some guidance as I can't read the diagrams too well.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Motorcycle Automotive design

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Identify the wires via your manual. Replacement part can be acquired via https://mrcycles.com/ or similar site.

I have a 2nd-Generation North American motorcycle so the wires may be different depending on what you have.

Colorfulness Product Rectangle Black Slope

#55 is the clutch switch. (from your left handlebar)
#12 is your sidestand switch.

Thy Black/Yellow wire also connects to the ECU.
The Blue/Yellow wire receives 12v via ignition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts