Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, while it might not be as fun as the corners, I want to go run the R6 down the 1/4 a couple times for the experience, so I need a kill switch, narrowed it down to two choices:

MPS Kill Switch

PMR Kill Switch

*The PMR doesn't come with that plastic clip, it's now metal.

Anyone have any experience with either? The PMR looks a little nicer, but the MPS looks like I might be able to hide it... Any others I should look at?

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
i wanna hit a 1/4 mile track but too broke....anyways im guessing you need this for where your planning on doing your speed runs and i have no idea lol. do all tracks require this?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the tracks will require this for the times a newer R6 will run. The local track has let a few things slide in the past on my Mustang, but they are picky about the motorcycles. But all the tracks around me, in this case, require full leathers (complete gear) and a "deadman" switch. Not sure why though as or bikes do have a lean angle sensor....

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
A lot of bikes don't have the lean angle sensor. Most of the restrictions or requirements are based on speed. If you go over 120 you need this or that, etc.. KEep us posted on what you end up getting OP. This is on my list of things to get for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts