Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Was it as good for you?
1,381 Posts
So I've had the V4 Hand roads for a little over a month now, granted I'm only using them for street riding. I wanted something that would last and be some of the best protection just in case.

I don't mind the full gauntlet. They come on and off very easy. The Boa lacing system works very well. I thought it was going to be eh.. but it's pretty awesome and fast.

They fit really well and break in nice. The kangaroo is very soft, yet they still feel indestructible once you get them on.

I wouldn't recommend wearing them with out a jacket. I'm not sure which kind of riding you will be doing but I don't think they would fit around the forearm properly with out one.

I had a pair of Alpine star Thunder Gloves that only lasted me a season. After reading of how these things hold up so well to crashes I figured that they would last a while if I don't crash lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
RIP Super Sic
3,209 Posts
Once you buy a pair, there is no going back lol. I love mine and been down on them. Still look new and the only negative I can say is the little plastic slider on top that likes to come off sometimes. It's meant to though

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
King of the Hopeless
149 Posts
Awesome. Crashed in them. Took the brunt of the impact and slide and hands were untouched. Only gloves I will ever wear.

·
blah
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys!.

I don't plan on getting another pair of Astars tbh, i just don't think you get what you pay for with them in terms of fit, feel and quality.

I've added some photos of the wear on these gloves - That's about a year and a half of usage with about 5 track days and as you can see the extra padding is starting to come off.

The handroids are ~$100 less than the Held Titans so it was really a cost v quality exercise i was conducting, and from what it seems you're not loosing much by paying $100 less for the handroids

Thanks for the input/advice

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts