Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to switch the spedo from kilometers to miles an hour? When i asked the guy at the dealer ship, he responded in his smartass voice 'buy it in the states'. Any help guys? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
04areSix said:
Is there any way to switch the spedo from kilometers to miles an hour? When i asked the guy at the dealer ship, he responded in his smartass voice 'buy it in the states'. Any help guys? Thanks in advance.
why yes there is, its called a speedohealer. go to calsportbike.com and get one i think they cost $80. :cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
On a 2000 model if you press the select button and hold for two seconds it will change from KPH to MPH. Push and hold again to change back. I assume the newer models are the same way.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried that, all that does it change it to the clock. It's an 04 r6. I know there are lots of USA'ers in here so maybe you could let me know where appx. on the display the Mph shows up. If it's in the same spot as my K/h, maybe i'm sol.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
it shows up right in the middle of the display where your kph is. i beleive you have to get the speedohealer to change it, sorry :cheers

·
Registered
953 Posts
umm actually if you'd look in the manual you can change if you want it to show in mph or kph.

·
Registered
953 Posts
ah okay i thought it was hold "RESET" and "SELECT" at the same time and it only changed the clock. BUT, what the manual doesn't tell you is you can't be on the clock.

1. Push "SELECT" until on Trip 1
2. Push "RESET" and "SELECT" until screen blinks and switches over to kph or mph. it's a long 2 seconds.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright cdemon, maybe im not a good instruction follower, but that doesn't seem to work. I know it can change somehow cause you can faintly make out the M/h above the Km/h when you turn the bike on. However, i did find out how to set my brightness and shift light

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So there i was, screwing around with the select and reset button, trying different things, when the word "DIAC" or "DIAL" came on. I have no clue what this was, but it was followed by a few numbers. I cycled through them and after a few pushes the fuel pump started priming again. It's probably some settings i'm not supposed to screw around with so i walked away. Any ideas on what i was doing guys?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
good question 04aresix i dont know, but ya you can convert the mph to kmh because i was trying to mess with my shift light and i changed it and mines a 03 so i think what everyones trying to say above is accurate, good luck its pretty easy :hammer

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So my bike is a computer with wheels? :comp i'm sure i'll figure it out, even if it incolves a hammer and some "finess"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys...so from this you CAN change b/w MPH and KPH..

NOw another quetsion is this

WHen you switch from MPH to KPH, does the odometer also autmatically change from Miles to KM??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts