Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a projector kit from xdcycle which is the same as sportbikelites, or krypton bulbs Any suggestions on which one is higher quality Anyone install one and have a buddy that used another to comparelooking to do this mod for a winter project.

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
Can't really speak about the other company but pretty much everybody will tell you I sell high quality at good prices and I stand behind my products. I will leave you to get unbiased opinions but feel free to PM me with any questions

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
Can't really speak about the other company but pretty much everybody will tell you I sell high quality at good prices and I stand behind my products. I will leave you to get unbiased opinions but feel free to PM me with any questions
+1 :fact

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
Definitely without a doubt kryptonbulbs. Service is fantastic as well as the products. You would be hard pressed to beat them.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Definitely without a doubt kryptonbulbs. Service is fantastic as well as the products. You would be hard pressed to beat them.
+1 :stupic

·
Worry About The Addiction
230 Posts
:werd

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
Take advantage, there's only a few kits left from KryptonBulbs that are $300 with his coupon, once that expires, prices are going up!!!:poke

·
My R6 whispers to me
1 Posts
I pm Krypton Bulbs a few days ago but I guess they are busy with everyone else’s winter projects. :)

I would appreciate if anyone can answer a few questions:

1) Can they be shipped to the UK?
2) How easy are they to install? Do they just bolt on to the reflector bucket? Do they come with instructions? Etc.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Before Krypton was doing these i bought the kit from xdiscount. The product was alright. not great but not terrible.

Install is fairly simple. Hardest part is taking apart the housing. If you know basic electrical skills you should be able to do it

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
I pm Krypton Bulbs a few days ago but I guess they are busy with everyone else’s winter projects. :)

I would appreciate if anyone can answer a few questions:

1) Can they be shipped to the UK?
2) How easy are they to install? Do they just bolt on to the reflector bucket? Do they come with instructions? Etc.
Hmmm, could have sworn I replied, maybe it timed out, im always doing 3 things at once so I might have missed it.

Anyhow, I can ship to the UK, the website will show you the shipping cost. These do not just bolt to the reflector bucket, they will on some of the older bikes but for most bikes there are clearance issues with that. I do have brackets now that definately fit the 08 - 11 and I believe they also fit 06 and 07 (and prior if the bike is unchanged)

They do come with "instructions" but they arent specific to a bike or anything, If you click the link in my sig you will see a thread I made which is much better than the instructions.

I have also done the mod and shipped the whole assy to greece or norway I think it was so we could also do that.

Also, I do have 1 extra headlight housing right now from an 09 I believe.... brand new condition... Once I catch up on customers work I will get into that one and have a whole one available.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
To the OP, I would suggest Krypton's kit. Not just cause he's a cool dude tho.

Here is the sportbikelites.com kit thread. I did a setup on my friends 929rr and posted a lot of pics.

Basically, all the projector kits are more or less the same quality as far as the projectors themselves go. But the sportbikelites kit has HUGE shitty old ballasts.. That makes the whole job twice as hard. Krypton has slim ballasts for these kits. He also gets the harness all setup and extended for you. He's got better customer service than you'll get anywhere else too. :fact

The kit from sportbikelites is never in stock even tho they indicate it. Several people waited 3-4 weeks to get them. Kryptons shit is in his garage ready to go out to you.

The only thing that's gonna be higher quality than both your options would be to do a retrofit of some high quality car projectors. That's a whole nother PIA

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
To the OP, I would suggest Krypton's kit. Not just cause he's a cool dude tho.

Here is the sportbikelites.com kit thread. I did a setup on my friends 929rr and posted a lot of pics.

Basically, all the projector kits are more or less the same quality as far as the projectors themselves go. But the sportbikelites kit has HUGE shitty old ballasts.. That makes the whole job twice as hard. Krypton has slim ballasts for these kits. He also gets the harness all setup and extended for you. He's got better customer service than you'll get anywhere else too. :fact

The kit from sportbikelites is never in stock even tho they indicate it. Several people waited 3-4 weeks to get them. Kryptons shit is in his garage ready to go out to you.

The only thing that's gonna be higher quality than both your options would be to do a retrofit of some high quality car projectors. That's a whole nother PIA
Oh yeah smart guy :poke? Which shelf in my garage?

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
HAHAAHA awesome. Having shit in stock gives you an upper-hand on most. :fact
I try hard, longest I've had a set out of stock was like a week or week and a half. I did just run out of one again (9007 10000k) so ill up my inventory on it with the next order.... also gonna up the projectors with red halos, sold me last set today... probably reorder next week

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts