Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up the install on my 8000K HID kit from Krypton Bulbs and thought I would share. Got the kit in a couple days and it's top notch. Install was a snap, the hardest part was drilling the dust covers. The light output is awesome... even with the smoked covers I would say the output is still way better than factory. The cell phone pics don't really do it justice.

·
You see me trollin'
1,910 Posts
how much did this set up run you?

·
I <3 Speed
198 Posts
Nice, Im going to do the same thing with mine. I was also curious how the headlights were affected with the covers.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damn bro, thats EXACTLY what i want to do to mine. but 55k for me brightest is best i think.
The 55w will not really give you a noticeable difference imo... I have 55w on my truck with the same color bulbs and everything and there is virtually no difference in light output. Its just not worth it to me, but thats just my .02

If you go with the 55w you will need to run a heavy duty harness too. :fact

·
Gotta get up to get down.
1,117 Posts
looks good. Ive always wanted to do this but was worried about the light output. did you have to remove your headlight fairings to install?

·
10 years owner's club
658 Posts
my 35w kit from DDM is bright as ****, 55w would be over kill on a bike i think. Did you replace the highs or lows? cause that looks like highs, great out put tho.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks good. Ive always wanted to do this but was worried about the light output. did you have to remove your headlight fairings to install?
Nope, just take off the windscreen (to mount the ballasts in the nose) and take off the plastics over the intake tubes to unscrew the dust covers. Then drill a 1" hole in the covers and plug it all up.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my 35w kit from DDM is bright as ****, 55w would be over kill on a bike i think. Did you replace the highs or lows? cause that looks like highs, great out put tho.
Both, on the 03-05 there are only 2 bulbs (1 on each side). Clutch side is low and brake is high. The inner lights on each side are just for looks. :nono

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Nice bike! Looks like mine when I first bought it.

·
10 years owner's club
658 Posts
Both, on the 03-05 there are only 2 bulbs (1 on each side). Clutch side is low and brake is high. The inner lights on each side are just for looks. :nono
oh really? hmm, i didn't know that. so hypothetically, you do not need lenses on the inner two lights? cause a friend of a friend is missing one of his lenses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What kind of bulb type did u buy for ur r6? and if u dont mind can u type a pics of behine the light and wire please? Does anyone know if there a how to install forum for 05 r6?

·
One of my headlights out?
24 Posts
oh really? hmm, i didn't know that. so hypothetically, you do not need lenses on the inner two lights? cause a friend of a friend is missing one of his lenses.
Yeah, the inner lenses are just dummy projector lenses. So it's just for aesthetics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts