Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 274 Posts

·
"Krypton"
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The relays you show in the last picture, are those ballasts, or a relay for the cut-off shields or something?

nm, just had to read through it again, I guess I got confused.
Think you figured it out, that is the relay for the cutoffs, I dont have the ballasts pictured, they are the same slim ballasts that come with my HID kits.

·
TopGearAmbitiousButRubish
2,233 Posts
Think you figured it out, that is the relay for the cutoffs, I dont have the ballasts pictured, they are the same slim ballasts that come with my HID kits.
Yeah I just read it too fast, when you mentioned it was better than DDM I was like DAMN THOSE BALLASTS ARE TINY!

But then I was like, wait a min. did he say relay? So I went back to read it, and said:

P.S. I love the look of these projectors! Make them smaller!

·
"Krypton"
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Yeah I just read it too fast, when you mentioned it was better than DDM I was like DAMN THOSE BALLASTS ARE TINY!

But then I was like, wait a min. did he say relay? So I went back to read it, and said:

P.S. I love the look of these projectors! Make them smaller!
Well, I doubt I can get them made smaller, but I could move them out more so they arent covered by the lens as much or at all if thats what you are going for. The current mounting position makes it looks like eyes and I just think it looks kick ass.

Edit:
I do have the ability to get some different projectors, but these were the ones I chose for their looks, the others just looked cheap to me.

·
"Krypton"
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No I like the evil look. I want the dual projector so I can have blue low beams an white hi beams for when I really need the light.
Ah, I see... the 6000K's have some blue and are still crazy bright. I havent fired up a set of the 8000's in any projectors yet, I should do that and see how they look.

What kind of K ratings were you thinking?

·
"Krypton"
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
well it seems every company is slightly different, but I'd like to go as blue as possible before it starts to look purple, so it depends on what 10k looks like.
Every LOT of bulbs is slightly different is more like it, when you replace a HID bulb you replace both of them for this reason.

you are safe with 10K being blue and not purple though.

Which I had some smaller projectors to take care of you like this.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Krypton, are the projector housings metal? I would definitely powdercoat all that chrome. I would love to do this mod, but all that chrome just doesn't look right to me.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Looks really good. You can't beat what projectors do for the appearance of your bike.
Great work, and price!

·
TopGearAmbitiousButRubish
2,233 Posts
Every LOT of bulbs is slightly different is more like it, when you replace a HID bulb you replace both of them for this reason.

you are safe with 10K being blue and not purple though.

Which I had some smaller projectors to take care of you like this.
Well if you get a chance to throw some 10k in there I would appreciate it. BTW I hate this effin thread cuz it's making me waiver...

·
Dangerously Irish
9,551 Posts
As promised Krypton Pictures up. Sorry the they aren't that great, I finished the bike at 7AM & it's raining:thumbdown

\

Well worth the money VERY Clean work!!!:YEA

·
I like cake!
102 Posts
These do look very excellent, and they hit hespot for me and what i want but would they be small enough to fit in the housing of an earlier model of R6 such as the 2004? It would require alot of modding to remove all the original projector systle lighs and mount these i would belive ... have these projectors been used in a 2003 - 2005 model R6 yet??

·
Pigs can fly!
1,160 Posts

·
"Krypton"
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
As promised Krypton Pictures up. Sorry the they aren't that great, I finished the bike at 7AM & it's raining:thumbdown

Well worth the money VERY Clean work!!!:YEA
F-ing Hott man.... are you glad you went with the halos wired to the running lights? I love that look with just the halos on.

Looks mint in the bike, I dont think I've seen an installed pic from the last guy, very happy to see this. Is it ok to use your pic on my site? Also, if you get a better pic can I use it?

Thanks
Josh

·
Dangerously Irish
9,551 Posts
F-ing Hott man.... are you glad you went with the halos wired to the running lights? I love that look with just the halos on.

Looks mint in the bike, I dont think I've seen an installed pic from the last guy, very happy to see this. Is it ok to use your pic on my site? Also, if you get a better pic can I use it?

Thanks
Josh
Totally use what ever picture you want. I have more on the PC but didn't want to over kill the thread. I'll try and take some better pictures for you ASAP.

Oh yeah very happy with the Halo into running lights, easiest part of the install lol.

·
"Krypton"
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
im just looking at the pic with a big smile on my face... I know there are alot more of these mods to come... it feels good to know my hands will be touching all these Yamaha's :)

Thanks to all you guys here on the R6 Forum, you have been a HUGE support to my company and have been the guys taking chances on me and my products, the other forums have not stepped up even close to what you have done. I'm proud to be a sponsor here and happy to be a part of the community.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,551 Posts
im just looking at the pic with a big smile on my face... I know there are alot more of these mods to come... it feels good to know my hands will be touching all these Yamaha's :)

Thanks to all you guys here on the R6 Forum, you have been a HUGE support to my company and have been the guys taking chances on me and my products, the other forums have not stepped up even close to what you have done. I'm proud to be a sponsor here and happy to be a part of the community.

I've turned a few of my friends on to you. I hope it drums up more sales your one of the best vendors I have ever dealt with.:cheers

21 - 40 of 274 Posts