Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Kryptonite Rotar lock about 4 monts ago and it has done the job though i do have some complaints. It is nice and heavy about (3-4 pounds) so its pretty sturdy and looks tough but the lock has some problems. The key doesnt always want to go in and you have to turn it quite a few time and in and out to get the tumblers to line up. Even then it takes a minute or two to get it to release. In the end its realy picky so you cant be in a hurry to get it unlocked. Also some of the paints is chipping off while its in the trunk even though its in a case. So overall it gets the job done and feels like it would take a week to saw it off you might want to try a different brand.
My .02 newb cents.

·
GONE RIDING ONCE AGAIN
398 Posts
2 cents taking good to know i have heard from other people that its hard to unlock sometimes

·
chromed the **** out
8 Posts
rotor locks are great but do you have any idea how much your bike weighs? two dudes and a truck can have your junk gone before you walk out of the store. Locks are to keep honest people honest. is it worth the hassle everytime you want to move it to have to mess with a lock?

·
rippin it
122 Posts
thats why you get concrete anchors and chain to them if you want decent security . and yes if someone wants it they will wait for you to get on it and jack you up but it just makes it harder to jack with some sort of security

1 - 4 of 4 Posts