Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Thank you, Chuck Norris.
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just because I an new to the sportbike scene but I've never seen or really heard about KTM's line of sportbikes. Looks like they have alot of power and they look amazing.

Are they overpriced and unreliable or something?

http://www.ktm.com/Superbike.100203.20.html

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Low production numbers and really under-performing for the category that its in
I dont know about underperforming.... There are folks out there that make those fcukers move.:fact

I would say its more of a high cost thing....

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
DARC Racing
2,334 Posts
Under performing my a$$... A fella comes to race here and stats dead last. By lap 2 he is winning. He won every race he entered on it no matter what he raced. Open, Twins, Superbike, Endurance..... WIN WIN WIN

Attachments

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
This is the one i want though...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Under performing my a$$... A fella comes to race here and stats dead last. By lap 2 he is winning. He won every race he entered on it no matter what he raced. Open, Twins, Superbike, Endurance..... WIN WIN WIN
This^^^^^

KTM is coming correct. The obviously did their homework.:fact

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Pictures really do this bike no justice. See one in person and hear one and you will have a new found respect for it.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
agreed...there dirt bikes cost an arm and a leg....dont wanna imagine one of these guys
I would tend to disagree with you here. Their dirt bikes are actually priced very fairly, especially lately. They come better equipped with nicer parts like wave rotors, stainless lines, etc from the factory so when you add up the cost of adding those parts to a comparable japanese bike, you are going to be paying the same amount. Their quads are fcukin bad ass too....

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
James Randolph railing his in AFM.....

Attachments

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I always thought the 1098S and RSV4 Factory outperformed it. But, it wouldnt be the first time that i was wrong.
I would say that they would be on pretty equal footing, but gotta give KTM props for delivering such a knockout punch on literally their first superbike. Dicing with the veterans as a rookie is no small feat.:fact

1 - 20 of 37 Posts