Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Track Time
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Do they look at slip ons as aftermarket even if it's from Yamaha?
they don't look at anything
you either pop sound and piss them off or you don't, it's that simple.
they give you the opportunity to test your db level before you go out if you are worried about it.
if you are above 90db then you need to ride up the hill between turns 5 & 6 1 gear up and maybe even roll off the throttle when you pass the noise meter. For me going up the hill was in 3rd gear and wide open and never popped sound. If you're loudish then maybe go up the hill in 4th gear and roll off the throttle briefly as you go by the meter. They give you 3 strikes (I think) before they kick you out, but from what I hear the conversations are not pleasant if you pop sound.

·
Touchdown!
1,285 Posts
Revisting this. With the stock system and stock can, I didn't get popped for sound at all. That's pushing WOT up the hill after coming out of turn 5. So, I'll keep my stock system on stand by for tracks that have noise restrictions.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
its not the exhaust db thats the problem... its the intake noise.
I promise a bone stock R6 ridden at an elevated pace will trip the T5 sound booth... at 94db. Being that peak torque is developed north of 11,000 rpms...
And sure you can roll out... thats not much fun when you have to check up at one of the faster turns.
That being said... Hindle has actually seen an increase in torque when fitting a quieter muffler with an insert...aka db killer.

·
Touchdown!
1,285 Posts
Wow. Look at that. WOT right past the sound booth on multiple laps with a stock exhaust. Didn't get flagged/meatballed - not once.

You see. 80 decibels it states.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
hahahaha... someone should get a meatball for letting that rider in A group who cant even hit the apexes correctly. The couple mins I watched told me all I need to know... you were out of the gas on the front straight HUNDREDS of yards before T2... Ill give you a complete synopsis of your poor lines if you deposit $1,000 in my paypal.
Also Yamaha modified various years intakes for noise and as a result saw less peak power. But what would you know about any of that... youre at the top of the Advanced rider foodchain...lol I was talking about intake noise. Real easy to measure this even on your rear stand.

·
Touchdown!
1,285 Posts
hahahaha... someone should get a meatball for letting that rider in A group who cant even hit the apexes correctly. The couple mins I watched told me all I need to know... you were out of the gas on the front straight HUNDREDS of yards before T2... Ill give you a complete synopsis of your poor lines if you deposit $1,000 in my paypal.
Also Yamaha modified various years intakes for noise and as a result saw less peak power. But what would you know about any of that... youre at the top of the Advanced rider foodchain...lol I was talking about intake noise. Real easy to measure this even on your rear stand.

You really need to grow up. You constantly want to come on social media platforms and argue about, what? That's childish behavior. I'll state it even if no one else is willing to because they want to remain all friendly like. You, at times, keep spewing incorrect information on a platform design to help others and educate.

It's not even worth it. You've been doing the same things year after year. It's just in your personality. Some lessons in life, you obviously missed.

Take care.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts