Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I put on my full Dainese Laguna Seca Divsion suit, Puma V1000's, Dainese Blaster gloves.. and a practically brand new Nexx XR1R carbon helmet..All set and ready to go.. I pull out of my driveway.. stop and the sign and make a right..

Just so happens that there is a moving truck on the opposite side of the street, so I couldn't swing wide.. (on cold tires, about 37 degrees out) so I took a kinda sharp corner, hit a patch of gravel and went down.. at 10-15 mph. Came right out from underneath me. Silly mistake. Should have never happened..but it did anyway. :bash

Apparently I can drag my knee doing 100mph..and scrape my damn plates on my boots just going on the roundabout but I can't pull out of a culdesac. Sigh..

At that speed the bike pretty much dumped on top of me since it didn't have enough momentum to keep on going.. I'm perfectly fine, not a scratch on me. The suit held up just fine and there are hardly any abrasions. Gloves and boots did their job with little scrapes here and there. Head never touched the ground.

So, now I'm looking for parts for an 03 R6 Liquid Silver..

Right mirror
Right upper faring
Right lower faring
Right engine cover
Tail faring
Front fairing
Right headlight cover

After 70,000 miles of riding and 1,000 or so of those on the track, I finally laid it down for the first time.. in my neighborhood, doing 10 mph.. in front of everyone walking their dogs. :sing

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sucks to hear about, glad you're alright. No frame sliders? I'm surprised that you would need to replace all those parts from a 10mph get off.
Well, anything with a scrape. I'm pretty meticulous about my vehicles.. and no frame sliders.. I've seen too many people at the track get their "no stick" frame sliders stuck in the ground and watch their bike tumbling across the grass. Just a personal preference

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Worst part is, my brother is in Korea right now serving our country. He comes home in a month or so and was going to buy my bike from me when he got home. I have to hurry up and fix it lol

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
Worst part is, my brother is in Korea right now serving our country. He comes home in a month or so and was going to buy my bike from me when he got home. I have to hurry up and fix it lol
Its sucks my man! Especially when you're meticulous of your vehicle... I'm the same way...

You're brother might be reading this as we speak. :popcorn:

When we deploy, and have some time on our hands we like to get online and search... Especially on future things we're going to get... :sing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.