Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a decat exhaust made which is nice, but i'm a little worried about the lambda sensor cable. It is barely long enough to fit the new linkpipe, so now the cable sits very tight and has like 0 play. I'm scared it will break, not sure how bad it is if you ride without the sensor?

Are there longer lambda sensors availbable for the R6? Or is it possible to lenghten it??

·
Administrator
221 Posts
Did you trace the cable back into your bike? Maybe it is twisted around and could provide some relief to the tight cable.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
ECUs typically use the sensor to self-tune.
Running without the sensor may set a code, make it run poorly.
Sometimes you can find a matching male/female automotive connector and create your own extension cable.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,522 Posts
Definitely going to need it hooked up. You have one that cuts off the cat box for a y pipe? Did you cut it in the correct location?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I got a custom link pipe made. It is plugged in and seems to be fine for now 👍. But I'm going back to the shop that made the linkpipe and ask for advise.

Also, I read that a powercommander gets rid of the lambda? Is that true? Because I need to tune it anyway sometime in the future

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I have the second generation bike which has no oxygen sensor. No ability to self-tune. It has always been finnicky about some fuel; slightly bi-polar personality from one tank to the next. Last tank I got 51MPG (more power) will probably get 45MPH (less power) this one. Seems backwards don't it? If I had an oxygen sensor, I'd find a way to keep it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts