Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 wheels > 4 wheels
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this isn't the right section for it, but....

What is the launch RPM for max acceleration from a stop?

Believe it or not, I have owned this 2005 R6 for over 4 years now, but never did a hard pull off the line. I never had a reason do drag race anyone, nor will I ever, but I'm curious about the bike's capability.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Maybe this isn't the right section for it, but....
What is the launch RPM for max acceleration from a stop?
Believe it or not, I have owned this 2005 R6 for over 4 years now, but never did a hard pull off the line. I never had a reason do drag race anyone, nor will I ever, but I'm curious about the bike's capability.
there is no max RPM other than the factory rev limiter & mechanical limitation of the valve springs... only what you have the stones to send it at. But the common denominator for ALL motorbikes is above peak torks.
You wouldnt be alone... above 95% of riders out there dont has the requisite skils to leave hard... unless you come from a motorcross or flat track or drag race background.
Also you would do the measuring on a closed course with a timing system... ala dragstrip Test & tune. Just you, your bike, and some timing equipment. (and some ...ok alot of technique & safety gear)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts